Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop Feature Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody,

When is Adobe going to fix the issue where our Photoshop edits are not preserved after we edit in Lightroom CC. The “Edit in Photoshop feature is a key part of my work flow and the ability to toggle between Lightroom and Photoshop while preserving all of our layers and edits in Photoshop is really essential, especially when working for Clients who may have critiques that apply to any part of the work flow. Pleae fix this issue as soon as possible, this feature has been a problem for too long and absolutely should have been included with Lightroom CC. I would not like to regress to Lightroom Classic, and prefer to continue using the latest software.

Kind regards,

Candace Rogati 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who knows Adobe's plans cannot say what they are - they would be under an NDA.

Maybe I have misunderstood your problem, but when I select a layered file in Cloudy Lightroom 3.1 and use Edit in Photoshop, the file is opened with all its layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will speak to Adobe about it directly again thanks. Once you edit the photo in Lightroom

again after the Photoshop edits, the layers will be flattened. The current work around is to continue using Classic, but I am already upgraded to CC, and would not like to look back at older versions of the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to CC is not "upgrading", it's changing to a different program that excels at putting stuff in the cloud but which has fewer and weaker features. Classic Lightroom has more professional-level features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Once you edit the photo in Lightroom again after the Photoshop edits, the layers will be flattened"

So don't make further edits to the photo in Cloudy Lightroom once it's a Photoshop file - just send it to Photoshop. That's pretty close to how I would advise someone to handle the situation in a Classic Lightroom environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Thank you, I’ll speak to Adobe about it again today we’re working on a separate issue with my RAM. I understood the CC to be the latest in Lightroom technology and Classic was becomming outdated. I may have even read an article by Adobe saying something to that effect. The agent I spoke to yesterday said they are working on this improvement to CC. Yes as much as I can I keep the edits in Photoshop or export and reimport back into Lightroom. But one must ask the question they what is the point being able to toggle between both Lightroom

and Photoshop  if we can only work in one direction? I was really hoping to Email Adobe directly about this but could not find a portal or email. Does anyone have their email? Usually I chat but I want this improvement  request to reach a developer. I’ve explained to customer service agents who agree and say the change is the on the way. I want to know when? It’s very important for Client work, unreasonable to have to download both apps when many of us have to conserve our computer memory to accommodate working between multiple apps, especially with commercial and client work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have said nothing of the kind - they've tried to say exactly the opposite. But I am not surprised you have been misled by the naming shenanigans and whoever you've spoken with. Cloudy is certainly the newer program but has few professional-level features, and while Classic has a worrying name (until you recall what happened to Coca Cola) Adobe have continued to invest in areas that have long term benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that’s the case wow I’m going to have to get a lot more RAM, why have to have  two photo applications from the same developer? I really will get to the bottom of what are Adobe’s plans for Lightroom Classic and CC. I understand what you mean about the Coca Cola reference! Thanks for your feedback 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not unusual for Adobe to have more than one editing application in the same field, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements being a good example of a fully-featured and a junior product co-existing. In Lightroom's case, there's the added complication of the growth of cloud services. So rather than continue to bolt cloud features onto the existing Lightroom, they created a new junior product that would be cloud-dependent, then confused everyone including themselves by calling it Lightroom and calling the real thing Lightroom Classic.

It can make sense to use Cloudy as if it is simply Lightroom Mobile running on the laptop (it doesn't do much more than the iOS apps). In this scenario, the main desktop would run Classic, and you'd sync photos to/from other devices like your phone/tablet/laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would strongly caution against using Lightroom Cloudy in any professional workflow. It simply misses too many features. It is targeted at people who only work with a few images, never print, and do very little with their images apart from showing them on mobile platforms. The only point of cloudy is that all your images are in the cloud and will look the same whereever you open Lightroom Cloudy. It is best understood as a port of the mobile Lightroom app to the Desktop. It is absolutely not the logical evolution of Classic. Over the years it might gain some features that make it closer to Classic but we have not seen rapid movement at all in that respect. In the mean time Classic keeps gaining features and the chasm is as big as ever. So for the coming many years Classic is the logical choice for most uses.

I actually use Lightroom Cloudy quite often on an iPad. I sync collections from Classic to the cloud and do some light editing and use it to show off portfolios to people. This works well but I could not live without Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the explaination. As a noob, I assumed the cloud version was the most recent... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines