• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in photoshop is greyout in light room

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit in photoshop is greyed out in lightroom. lightroom version 3.3, photoshop version 21.2, camera raw version 12.3, windows 10 build 19041.329.

How do I fix this?

tanvir04104_1-1593222273555.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s because you have two files selected in the filmstrip. Choose only one and then go back to Lightroom to choose the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which step do you follow to import second image in photoshop? Edit in photoshop option was available before even for 3+ images selected. Why is it removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s possible to open Lightroom cloud photos directly from Photoshop which is often what I do using the “Find” function Ctrl+F (Windows) or Cmd+F (Mac) or click the search icon - see image below.

Select the Lr Photos tab and choose all photos or a named album. Click a thumbnail to open the image. Repeat Ctrl+F and choose a second, third  photo etc.

LrPhotos.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Jon. I can open first image then paste other images as layers before blending them. I can't accept the fact that adobe removed that option. It was convenient before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know that anything has been removed. Its only ever been possible to open multiple files as layers from LrC  not from Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has there been an answer to this? Mine is doing the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

an answer to this?

See the answer from @99jon 

"It’s because you have two files selected in the filmstrip. Choose only one and then go back to Lightroom to choose the other."

Lightroom does not offer [Open as Layers]. It does not allow [Open in Ps] for multiple selected photos. 

If you want multiple photos as layers you need to open each photo, one at a time, as suggested by @99jon , then combine them in Photoshop.

Or- As suggested use the "Find" function, or 'Open' Lightroom Photos from the Start screen of Photoshop where you can select multiple photos and {Import Selected}, but they will open as separate documents in Ps (Not as layers in one document).

2021-07-02 11_13_06-Window.jpg  2021-07-02 11_12_57-Window.jpg  2021-07-02 11_05_50-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines