Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Edit in Photoshop not Updating in Lightroom (2020)

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Lightroom (3.3), I choose "Edit in Photoshop", which opens the photo in Photoshop (20.0.1). After editing, I save in Photoshop and close the photo. Back in Lightroom, the photo is not updated with my changes.

I've found one way around this: saving the edited photo from Photoshop to my desktop and then opening it again in Lightroom. However, this seems to only work half the time. 

Does anyone know why photos are not updating in Lightroom? Is there a better, more reliable, and efficient way to accomplish editing between Lightroom and Photoshop?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1)Press Ctrl+E to open from Lr in PS

2)After editing press Ctrl+W to close in PS & update Lr Library

3)Click yes to save & overwrite tiff.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should close edited file on Photoshop to update on Lightroom. I am not sure why it is like that but it is.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this used to work for me too but it's back to not syncing with my Lightroom. Any other tips?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Using LR 5.0 and PS 23.0.0 on an M1 Mac (OS 11.6) 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. 
Lr 5.0 + Ps 23.0
Editing in Ps does not update Lr and all changes end lost. Tried this today, but I found 'Edit in photoshop' feature completely unpredictable and therfore unreliable.  

Never used to have that uncertainty back when using LrC... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem is still continuing. Crazy, one of the more reliable apps/creators 20 years ago is getting more buggy all the time

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines