• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Edit in Photoshop not working

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

First thing's first, I'm working on a 2017 iMac running macOS Monterey 12.4, 3.5 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 575 4GB. Lightroom is version 5.3, Photoshop is version 23.3.2.

My workflow typically involves importing a large batch of photos into Lightroom, making basic edits, using the "edit in photoshop" command for more in-depth edits, and finally saving and exiting so that the photoshop edits are merged in lightroom, ready for export. I was in the middle of saving edits to a truly enormous (by my standards) pano shot originally compiled in lightroom when photoshop froze up. I waited for the program to respond but after an hour without progress, I force quit the application. Ever since then, Lightroom will let me click on the edit in Photoshop command but after closing the file menu, nothing happens. I have tried restarting the machine, turning off the graphics processor, expanding the amount of memory allotted to both programs, clearing space on the hard drive, installing an old version of Camera RAW, uninstalling and re-installing both programs (once with preferences saved and the second with preferences deleted.)

I'm out of ideas and the other thread that covered this topic is old and the solution page is offline now. I don't really care about the preferences being lost but I don't want to lose my library of lightroom images so I'm hesitant to do anything more extreme.

-Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?