• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrD Stuck asset: "NeedsDevelopXmpDownloaded"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey 🙂 I am stuck for a few days on "Syncing 1 item". I have tried a lot of stuff recommended here on forums, like:

- catalog re-download

- restarting

- filter by syncing items (empty)

- checking deleted folder (empty)

In a diagnostic report, under in Syncing and Error Assets it says: "NeedsDevelopXmpDownloaded" for one image that is not present in the catalog. It is same for my Windows and macOS catalog.

Any ideas?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

I've tracked this back to an existing bug that should be fixed in the next release.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some weeks I have been suffering a repeated problems between two Win11 PCs (Desktop and laptop) both running Lightroom Desktop. What happens is that I edit a batch of images (.CR2 Canon images) on (say) the desktop. Later I review them on the laptop and maybe decide to tweak an image a little more. More and more often, I am presented with "Waiting for settings. This photo is missing updated settings from <name of desktop PC> at <date and time>. Open Lightroom on that device to have edits synced". Sometimes it's the other way round - desktop PC is waiting for edits on laptop.

This will happen even if I have the two PCs next to each other, both with LR running and on the same network. If I (for example) change the rating of an affected image on one PC with both copies of LR running, that change will be synced to the other PC in a minute or two - it works in either direction. However, for that image the edit settings will never be synced again. The only solution I have found is to delete the image, then permanently delete it, on both devices (the deletion will not be synced), then re-import the CR2 and start all over again with it.

I have tried uninstalling Lightroom on both PCs, then removing all traces from the AppData folders and the registry before reinstalling. I always check to ensure syncing is complete before exiting Lightroom. In any case, though, I can see syncing is happening in real time, because changes to flags and ratings are synced almost immediately. Edit settings are not.

I have reached the stage where I only edit using the desktop PC, because I know what will happen if I start using the laptop - it may work for a few images, but soon I will waste an hour of my time getting an image synced. This makes a nonsense of the Adobe Cloud system. Please - what is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be really interested to know whether anyone connected with Adobe has any comment on this problem. It has just happened again. Foolishly, last night I made some changes to an image on my laptop. I made quite sure everything was synced before closing Lightroom. I checked the image in the online version of Lightroom - the new edits were there. This morning I opened Lightroom on my Desktop and went to have a look at that image, and there it is - "Waiting for settings . . .". I can't do anything with it (the "Reset" option doesn't do anything). I can see the image in the online version of Lightroom, complete with the edits I made last night, but I cannot see it on my PC.

What is going wrong here? I have been using LR Desktop for years - this issue has only cropped up in the past couple of months,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the response that I've just made in this similar thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/can-t-edit-photo-in-light...

I'd be interesting to know if my "workaround" works for you as well.

BTW, having your two systems sat next to each other on the same LAN doesn't really matter. Apps/devices do not sync directly with each other, all syncing between them is always done via the Adobe cloud servers. I will often have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop running at the same time on the same system, but all syncing between them still goes up to the cloud and back down again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I take your point about syncing going via the cloud, my reason for having the two devices side-by-side was to confirm that some data syncs promptly (e.g. ratings) and some doesn't (e.g. image edits). I have also tried this exercise with a browser window open on Lightroom Online, and I see the same issues.

Thanks too for the link to the other thread, which I had not seen. It seems that the problem lies with Adobe and not with us. If Adobe acknowledged the issue here and offered an update it would be helpful.

I have managed to get the image I edited yesterday to sync by making a change online, which synced to my desktop PC - but my laptop then displayed "Waiting . . .". Finally, making a further edit on my desktop PC got it to sync to the laptop. I don't think this is how the cloud is supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is how the cloud is supposed to work.

Agree with that! But I also think that Adobe would agree as well. As I said in the other thread, I know they are working on the problem(s), but it's clearly challenging to pin down all the potential circumstances that can lead to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you are right, my irritation at wasting yet more of my time with the problem this morning was showing. In my defence, had Adobe responded with "Known problem, we're working on it", I wouldn't have put myself in a position to get bitten by the bug again. I'll stick to one PC for editing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick update on this - it's still happening, Adobe still haven't acknowleged it and I'm still having to confine myself to working on one PC, on a cloud-based system whose USP is that you can use whatever device you like.

Yesterday I foolishly made a minor adjustment to an image on my laptop. This morning, I have wasted another hour or so because those changes did not sync properly and on my PC that image was reset. Adobe, if you are reading this - please, please at least acknowledge this issue, and tell us you are fixing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steve_b  

Greetings,

Thank you for posting again and letting us know you still have the issue. One of our Product Managers has asked me to reach out to you and collect a diagnostic log. 

For LrDesktop

• Go to Preferences
  • Account Section
  • Hold down the [Opt/Alt] key to make [Diagnostic Log] button appear.

Once you've collected the log, it will probably be too large to email or post here. The best way to share it with us is to post it to a share servcie (Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox or similar)  and then share the link. You can direct message the link if you don't want to post it publically. 

Thanks

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the logs. We will respond in this thread when we have updated information to share. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steve_b 

We've been working with the team and they need more information.  What they would like is for you to perform the following: 

1. Restart LrD on his laptop (to make the Diag Log be as short as possible)
  2. Wait for any initial sync to finish
  3. Pick a photo to edit, note down its filename, and verify it’s in a good state on his desktop
  4. Edit that photo with Subject/Sky/Object masks on his laptop
  5. Move to a different photo, and wait for the cloud spinner to finish
  6. Go to his desktop, wait for a sync to happen there, and verify he’s seeing “Waiting for Settings” on that photo
  7. Create a Diag Log on his laptop and send that and the filename of the photo he edited to us

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent a bit of time on this today, doing as you requested but repeating the process to see if I could spot a pattern. The error occurred on two out of four images, but not on the first edit - subsequent edits were affected. I will DM you with a link to several logs and a more detailed narrative, which I hope will be helpful. I did think I had established a pattern at one point, but unfortunately it didn't stand up to testing. I think it is one of those dreaded intermittent faults.

Elsewhere in this thread Jim Wilde has kindly suggested a workaround where making a minor edit on the "originating" computer can cause a sync to the "receiving" computer to complete properly, which is great, except when you don't have access to the originating PC when the problem occurs - that is what caused me to blow a fuse the other day. Today it occured to me to try the same thing on an Android phone. I found I was able to edit both of today's "stuck" images on my phone, and that did indeed cause the sync to complete. I wonder whether an edit via the Web app might also work - I will try it if it happens again - but in any case it is another option to try if a sync error occurs when the source PC is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys, wtf, I am paying for that product and there is no support?! is there some other way to contact support? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal Support is contacted through Adobe Customer Care: Click on the live chat link in the lower right of this page. Typing “Agent” into the chat text field will bypass the initial chat bot.

Can you provide the following: 

Mac OS Version number:
Windows OS Version number:
Installed Lightroom Desktop version number(s):

Also, please review your account at https://lightroom.adobe.com 
Do you have this album and empty thumbnail? 

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 4.19.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"is there some other way to contact support?"

Go this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Find Contact Us at the bottom right of the page and click Start Now:

johnrellis_0-1678124072041.png

Type "Talk to an agent".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tracked this back to an existing bug that should be fixed in the next release.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an FYI, someone moved this post to Lightroom Classic. I have moved it back to Lightroom Ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the logs, @steve_b  The team was able to isolate the bug and determine it is fixed by a change we are making in the next release. I am sorry I can't share an exact date with you at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The April 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate