Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit photos with Photoshop (from Lightroom CC) without quality loss

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

With Lightroom Classic it was possible (and well-documented) that you could "Edit in Photoshop as Smart Object". As you do so, you can edit in Photoshop without quality loss.

Lightroom CC only offers the option "Edit in Photoshop" which means that you edit a tiff file in Photoshop and the quality is noteable minor than editing directly the raw file.

I found some information about the tiff-editing is the same quality than editing with Lightroom Classic/raw, but I tried it and can't confirm that. In my tries, the tiff-editing is the same low qulity as editing a jpg with Camera Raw filters in Photoshop.

Any suggestions what's the best thing to do? Or maybe a hint, where I can find any documentation about that? Seems to be a big downside of Lightroom CC, with which I'm totally happy besides that.

Thank you!

Kind regrads,

Smoneer

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is indeed a limitation of Lightroom. There are two work arounds: You can open a Lightroom ecosystem image straight from Photoshop, without using Lightroom at all. That will invoke Camera Raw, so you can open it as smart object. I think that the Lightroom edits will not come accross however. You can also export the image as DNG from Lightroom. Then again you can open it in Photoshop and will get Camera Raw (with the Lightroom edits already set).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines