• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited Virtual Copies from LR Classic Revert to Original When Uploaded

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My older Mac's Lightroom Classic is no longer compatible with updates and no longer syncs to LR CC directly, but I can still drag and drop pictures to upload them into the online version. Problem is that my uploaded images for virtual copies are reverted back to their unedited originals.

Initially, I received a "duplicates" warning and could not upload the virtual copies. After renaming these in Classic, the now renamed virtual copies uploaded, but reverted back to their unedited original images. Clicking on the Versions button only shows the same original image but not my edits. 

How can I solve this problem of seemingly having to re-edit these images in Lightroom CC itself? 

Thanks for your wisdom.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you will need to Export a derivative (JPG or TIF) file from the Virtual Copy in the Lightroom-Classic Catalog.

Then [ADD/Import] the derivative (JPG/TIF) file to Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do indeed need to export. Drag & drop from Lightroom Classic (works only on a Mac afaik) drags the original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines