Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is as follows:

-add photos to Lightroom CC on Mac

-have photos sync to my Lightroom iOS app

-perform edits on Lightroom iOS app

I would expect the edits I perform from the iOS app to show up on Lightroom CC Mac, but they do not, despite saying "synced and backed up" on both apps.

I've attached images indicating the builds I am using. Thank you.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just noticed:

-photos I add to my Lightroom iOS app do not appear in my Lightroom CC on Mac (or my Lightroom CC app on iPad)

-photos I edit from my Lightroom iPad app correctly sync with my Lightroom CC on Mac.

So I suspect the bug is in the Lightroom iOS app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other things I have tried: 

-turning off "Use cellular for sync" while connected to wifi 

-turning on "Use cellular for sync" while NOT connected to wifi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common reason for the sync issue you are seeing is that your iPad and Desktop are logged into the correct Adobe ID. The phone is likely logged in as a different ID. 

I would go to each device and check the ID you used to sign in. Is the phone different than that tablet or computer?

Also, please note: Adobe has no current product with the designation "CC".  CC is only used by very old versions of the software. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've verified the ID on my phone is the same as the ID on my tablet and computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next step is to import a unique photo on the Phone (or capture with camera) - allow it to sync and then log into your same Adobe ID at https://lightroom.adobe.com and verify the photo has arrived in the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve the issue. I followed your instructions to import a photo on the iPhone but noticed that the individual photo was stuck trying to upload the photo (despite the app indicating everything has been backed up).

I then went and found the oldest photo that was in my Lightroom iOS library but not in the cloud and deleted it from my library. After doing so all my photos and edits from my Lightroom iOS library app started syncing! 

So to summarize, the issue is that if there is a failed upload any subsequent photos and photo edits do not get synced. 

It would be nice to be able to detect such failed uploads in the the app, seems like there is a bug in the way the app verifies whether everything is successfully backed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Sync Issues album in Lightroom on Web will tell you if there is a photo in a stuck state and give you advice on how to resolve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines