• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ending with a JPG

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basics: I have Lightroom 5.0 that I rent each month.  I use it on a Mac desktop that is a year old.  The Mac OS is 11.6, the most uo-to-date OS Apple offers.  My problem: I work on an image in Lightroom, click on Edit in Photoshop, work on it there and then want to save it as a JPG -- only I'm not given that optiion when I'm finished with PS.  By default I get a Tiff.  The closest JPG I'm offered is JPG 2000.  The sad fact is, despite using PS for 15 years, I don't know the advantages and disadvantages of using a JPG, Tiff or a JPG 2000.  But I've always transitioned my DNG's into JPG's when I finish with PS -- and would like to continue doing that if I can use Lightroom.  Any suggestions why, when I use Lightroom, and then I finish using PS, I can't keep my images as JPG's rather than Tiff's?  [By the way, I clicked on "Post" but no prompt came up saying something like "Your comment has Posted."  Maybe no prompt is supposed to come up.  I've never before posted something to know.  If I did Post someonething, would somone tell me?]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sending a file from Lightroom to Photoshop, the default derivative file type is TIF (cannot be changed). This is the default so as to preserve full detail of your original image in any derivcative file. (ie. No JPG compression, etc)

You can however from Photoshop [Save a Copy] and choose JPG as the File-type option. But this JPG file will not be added to the Lightroom library. [Close] the document and Photoshop will also ask you if you want to save the TIF that it is attempting to create by default- you can answer 'No' and the TIF will not appear anywhere.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines