• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance on Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to click a photo in lightroom (not classic, but still on PC), and there was a spot that said enhance. I always liked the result, so I continued to do it. 

Now, all the sudden, the word is still there, but enhance is greyed out and I cannot select it. 

Why?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom are you using? Is it possible that the image you are wanting to enhance is a smart preview generated by LrC? It is not possible to use the Enhance feature on smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom (not classic, but still on PC

So, not Lightroom Classic, why did you not post this in the Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud Based) community. I see you have previously posted over their. This is the community for the full complete Lightroom Classic, not for Lr POS. And if this is Lr 4.3, then look for RAW Details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a raw file selected? Enhance Details only works with raw files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about that? I have run Enhance Details on JPEG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lr, RAW and Raster

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/enhance-details.html

In LrC, just RAW

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/enhance-details.html

In both

"Starting with Lightroom desktop 4.3 (June 2021 release), Enhance Details is renamed to Raw Details."

and

"Starting with Lightroom Classic 10.3 (June 2021 release), Enhance Details is renamed to Raw Details."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently we are referring to different things. I have opened a tiff image, and this is what I have pulled up when I click on "Enhance Details". Windows 10, LrC 10.4.

Screenshot 2021-09-30 134341.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Super Resolution. Enhance Details is automatically used when you apply Super Resolution on a raw file, but it is not the same. Enhance Details has existed for a quite a while, Super Resolution was added more recently. It is a special demosaicing method, hence only available (separately) for raw files. I notice from your screenshot that it has been renamed to 'Raw Details' to make that clearer. If you use Super Resolution on an RGB file, it is dimmed (as shown in your screenshot too).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentlemen, the OP has gone missing, we may be debating the answer to the wrong program. Remember the OP stated

" (not classic, but still on PC)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom Ecosystem forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Gentlemen, the OP has gone missing, we may be debating the answer to the wrong program. Remember the OP stated

" (not classic, but still on PC)"

Doesn't really matter. Both versions had Enhance Details for quite some time, and both versions have Super Resolution now. Only the interface is slightly different.

What is strange, is that the menu is dimmed. I just tried it on a synced smart preview in Lightroom Desktop. The 'Enhance' menu is not dimmed, but if you choose it you get an error saying that you cannot use this on a smart preview.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using LR DEsktop 4.4 on my Windows system the Enhance menu item is not dimmed and with full-size raw files both Raw Details and Super Resolution are available. With JPEG files only Super Resolution is available, but that works properly as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines