Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

enlarge photo and save

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small photo  6.52 x 12.72 cm but I want it 28.22 x 21.77 cm

same as my other photos photoshop lightroom and many online programs fail to do this

in lightroom, if I crop the image gets bigger but if I export it no matter what dimensions I put it is always back to its original size

I don't want to print I just want a bigger photo in file explorer or windows/photos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to theLightroom forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the PIXEL dimensions of the image?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pixels  770  x  1502

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that is obviously your problem- the pixel dimensions are "tiny".

You can just accept that it is so small, or you can try to resample (resize) it larger using an Export process from Lightroom- eg. these settings would 'double' the pixel dimensions of your image for the exported file-  Long edge 1502 > 3004 PIXELS

2022-10-04 13_18_57-Window.jpg

But note, you do not increase the detail. You cannot magically gain more detail by enlarging an image.

Photoshop also has 'Resize' functions-

2022-10-04 13_20_23-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keith t <kkeitht1958@gmail.com>

07:26 (7 minutes ago)

to Adobe

still not resizing tried long edge 20.000,30.00,50.00
same in photoshop resize it looks great in the program but as soon as you save it or export it then jpeg is exactly the same size
I want to put a jpeg on amazon photos and it's narrow half the screen
whereas other photos are fullscreen which is what I prefer

also tried the settings you posted in lightroom no difference jpeg is sill half size.
all programs do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update I tried bridge with your settings and if I use fit then it's still the same size

so I tried fill then it's too big played around with settings and its either too big or exactly the same size as the original jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly do not know what you are trying to achieve.

"long edge 20.000,30.00,50.00"- Is that cm, inches, feet, pixels?

Bridge cannot 'edit' or resample an image size. Are you sending the files from from Bridge to Photoshop to resize?

So what are the PIXEL dimensions of the files that you Export from Lightroom, or Export from Photoshop?

I do not use Amazon Photos- so cannot comment on its display properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I want o achieve I have 2 photos which are small I want to make the physical size bigger in all programs I have tried to change dimensions, filesize, and pixels a lot bigger but the actual jpeg physical dimensions stay exactly the same

I have tried resizing, resampling, and crop export all fail to increase the physical size of the jpeg.

I tried your settings above long edge 1504 also width and dimension 3004 x 1504 pixels also this made no physical difference I have tried resolution 75 100 200 300 none of these make any difference I have tried this on 2 different jpegs.

I have tried 

photoshop

photoshop elements

lightroom classic

Bridge

Ashampoo photo optimizer

Paintshop pro

Photo blow up

and many online photo enlargers

all these have failed to enlarge

usually massively increased filesizes

increased pixel dimensions in properties

but not actual physical size

I used 1 article in photoshop which increase physical size of photo but this was for printing which I don't want

when I save or export then its back to small physical size

this is not just single photo I have 4 different photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Physical Size Bigger"

So I tested a JPG file, and resized in Photoshop (doubled the Pixel Dimensions), and the results:

1) The 'Original' that is 1502 PIXELS Wide-

2022-10-10 15_22_17-© LIZARD.jpg @ 66.7% (RGB_16_).jpg

2) The same file- Image Resized to 3004 PIXELS Wide- (and Saved to a new file!)

2022-10-10 15_22_51-© LIZARD.jpg @ 66.7% (RGB_16_) _.jpg

3) The TWO files that now appear in Windows File Explorer-

2022-10-10 15_25_46-Desktop.jpg

4) And their size on Disk-  ie. Enlarged!  (Exact megabyte size varies with JPG compression)

2022-10-10 15_25_02-Desktop.jpg

"Resolution"- Presuming you mean PPI (Pixels per INCH) has no relevance anywhere in a 'Digital' environment. (Computers, screens, etc).  Images ALWAYS have a 'Pixel Size'  ie. Pixel dimensions.

Only when you Print to PAPER does "Size in inches" and PPI have any meaning, and software can scale any image to 'fit' the paper with varying PPI.

So I honestly do not know what you are doing to not achieve larger images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines