• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error opening catalog "this file is damaged or unsupported"

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lighroom classic 5.7 and I'm upgrading to the cloud based Lr on a new computer. I backup my catalog on my old computer (I think) and when I try to open it with the cloud Lr it says "this file is damaged or unsupported". I have no idea what I'm doing wrong except maybe I'm not backing up my catalog correctly. I'll take any tips you have along with the proper way to make a backup folder for my catalog in case I'm doing that wrong. Thanks in advance. (windows)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

The procedure is to "Migrate" a Catalog to the 'Cloud' version of Lightroom, using the "Migrate" Tool, BUT it only works if you migrate from a Catalog that is upgraded to the current Lightroom-Classic v11.1

You could install Lightroom-CLASSIC as a 7-day trial, upgrade your v5.7 Catalog, Migrate the upgraded Catalog to the Cloud version. (and Cancel any possible subscription to Lightroom-Classic in a Photography Plan!)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/migrate-from-classic-to-lightroom-cloud/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marianne22454047hz5c_0-1641436848704.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The procedure is to "Migrate" a Catalog to the 'Cloud' version of Lightroom, using the "Migrate" Tool, BUT it only works if you migrate from a Catalog that is upgraded to the current Lightroom-Classic v11.1

You could install Lightroom-CLASSIC as a 7-day trial, upgrade your v5.7 Catalog, Migrate the upgraded Catalog to the Cloud version. (and Cancel any possible subscription to Lightroom-Classic in a Photography Plan!)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/migrate-from-classic-to-lightroom-cloud/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines