• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export dialog box wont pop up

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya my dialog box on Lightroom doesnt open when i want to export. I have tried all the different ways that i know of. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give more information. What version of Lightroom? What OS? What steps did you take? A screenshot will help a lot.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work for me either.  Latest version of lightroom CC and windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We'll need more information to help you with this.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom & the operating system you are working on?

Adobe Lightroom (Cloud) has an export panel that looks like the below:

SameerK_0-1656701948463.png

Lightroom Classic has a detailed export pop-up menu as shown below:

SameerK_1-1656702136637.png

Could you please confirm which of the following you need help with?

Please share a detailed description of the workflow you are trying.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, fresh install of lightroom CC and recent version of Windows - I'm part of a college.  To be honest one would thing that with all the problems you've had with this issue, it wouldn't keep popping up.  There should be NO setting in lightroom that could disrupt the export of edited files.  The fact that you haven't resolved this issue after YEARS of it being a problem speaks VOLUMES of how ADOBE respects (or not) it's client base.  I teach photography, and since this isn't yet fixed globally - I will NOT TEACH LIGHTROOM to my students as a result.  This bug makes me, the college I teach at AND adobe look like idiots.  There are other decent programs that we can use.  There should NOT be work arounds, this issue should NEVER pop up and needs to be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although there are some Adobe staff on this forum, most contributors are not. Regardless if they are or not, they want to help you sort out the problems you are having.

Lightroom CC no longer exists as a name.

Due to Adobe's extremely confusing name changes it has been used in the for both what is now known as Lightroom Classic (disc based images) and Lightroom (cloud based images).

So to help with the issue more can you provide the exact version number of Lightroom you are using and maybe even a screen recording of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the dialog box that isn't functional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three people have now asked you for more details about your "Lightroom" version. No one can help without more detailed information.

There is-

Lightroom v1-6 (Obsolete, discontinued, and not supported)

Lightroom-Classic v11.4.1

Lightroom  v5.4 (also called Lightroom-Desktop)

Lightroom-Mobile   (for iPhones, iPads)

Lightroom-Mobile   (for Android devices)

Lightroom-Web    (a Browser interface.)

"Lightroom CC" is not a descriptive version name.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob et al, thank you for the replies. Based on the posted list and Sameers screenshots it looks like it is lightroom cloud/web. It is installed on school computers - I have classic at home, where the dialogue box pops up fine and it's different from what I'm dealing with at school. I apologize if my tone is off, it's very frustrating to be teaching a class using Lightroom and not be able to get the photos exported and uploaded to a shared interface. Thanks, 

Aundrea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using Lightroom v5.4 See the Chapter-

"Export Photos in the Format of your choice"

in this link of the User Help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html

I cannot really comment on using the 'Cloud' versions with a School subscription (no experience).

If the Export dialog does not appear for you, perhaps a Chat with Adobe can answer.

! AUTO CHAT LINK

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links - nothing new there.  Unfortunately the dialog box isn't showing - regardless of what I click when I attempt to export the images.  Hence the above post.... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have one or more photo thumbnails selected in the Grid?

Is the [Share] icon greyed out?

Do you have an internet connection to the Catalog and files?

Some screen-clips might give readers some more clues.

Do you never see this-when you click the [Share] icon?

2022-07-03 09_12_41-Lightroom.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty close to what I see, I'm not at those computers and won't have access until Tuesday/Wednesday, but after pulling up that general menu and clicking on any of those options, nothing happens.  I (hopefully) have IT looking into it - I was hoping someone here could point them in the right direction - since I'm guessing they don't use the program themselves, and didn't see this coming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replies, but sorry I cannot be more helpful. Hopefully IT can get answers, or keep the forum thread bumped for other comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines