Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export presets from LR to LRC (Windows) - How/where

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am planning on going from LR (cloud based) to LR Classic. I would like to export the presets I have created and bring them over to LRC. However, I cannot figure out how to do it on Windows 11.

Any ideas/guidance would be very much appreciated.

BR

Dan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Which version of the application are you using? Please check out these steps and let me know if this helps.

Step One: Go through the Discover section and save as many presets as you wish, or just create your own presets with your photos.

Step Two: Now that you have some unique presets in Lightroom, press E to open the Edit panels, then click the Presets button (bottom) to open the Presets panel.

RanjishaSengupta_0-1646858314756.jpeg

Step Three: Right-click each preset you want to bring into Lightroom Classic and choose Export. This will save out the preset as an .XMP file. Choose where you want to save it (like your desktop) to find it easy. Repeat that process for each preset you want to export.

Step Four: Switch to Lightroom Classic, and go to the Develop module.

Step Five: Go to File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets, then in the dialog that appears, navigate to where you saved the exported presets. Select them all, and press Import.

RanjishaSengupta_1-1646858314866.jpeg

In the Lightroom cloud app, the presets were originally saved in a preset group named Saved Presets. After importing into Lightroom Classic, a new preset group called Saved Presets appeared in the Presets panel and the imported presets. This may vary based on how your presets are grouped (organized). 

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines