• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Series of Photos as a single layer into Photoshop

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nikon Z 6 ii has a "focus shift shooting" feature. This takes a series of photos that vary focus from foreground to background.  I know how to download these photos into Lightroom. 

There are several YouTube videos showing how Lightroom Classic can export these photos as a single layer into Photoshop. Photoshop can then combine into one image with all elements of foreground - background in focus. It is my understanding that if you don't export as a single layer into Photoshop, PS will not be able to create a single image with all elements in focus. 

I believe that Lightroom (cloud-based) cannot export images as a single layer into Photoshop. Is this correct? If so, it is disappointing that Lightroom lacks this feature. Any insights would be appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience (others may prove me wrong!)-

Lightroom Classic 10.2 can export (Edit-In Ps) these photos as a single layer DOCUMENT in Photoshop (not a single layer!)-  You will still have multiple layers in the Ps document (layers panel) to combine (merge) with a Ps function!

Lightroom 4.2 can only select and [Edit in Photoshop] one single image at a time, so you would need to select each singly, [edit in Photoshop], then combine multiple image windows into the one Document in Photoshop, then merge the layers for 'focus shift'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct. Of course you do not want a single layer, you want a single document with each image in a separate layer. Lightroom Classic can do this, Lightroom desktop cannot. You will have to send the images to Photoshop one by one, and then combine them as layers in a new document in Photoshop. Alternatively you could export them to disk, and then load them as layers in Photoshop from disk.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines