• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported file from LightRoom Mobile Bloated

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are my exports from LR Mobile so bloated, but if I export from LR Web they are not?

I original file is 24MB (9000x12000), but when I open it in LR Mobile, do my edits and then export the file in full resolution and no compression, the exported file is now 55MB (9000x12000).  However, if I open in the edited photo in LR Web and export it with the same settings as I had in Mobile, my exported file is now 18MB (9000x12000).  No resolution changes or compression on either export, but the LR Mobile export is twice as large?  More often than not, I need to do exports from LR Mobile and upload to my printer company, but they wont accepted files over 25MB, so my Mobile exports are always too bloated to send.

What am I doing wrong?  Why is there such a huch difference between the Mobile and Web export?

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

I opened the original file (15.8MB) and the exported file (66.6MB) in LR and opened the info tab.  According to LR those file sizes are accurate.

However, I opened the original file in another photo editing program and exported it with the same results;  So, it's not Lightroom.  It looks like the original files are somehow compressed prior to importing into LR and when I export it with no compression the files are saved at their larger size.

Thanks for your help trouble shooting it.  I should hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify a few things:

1. How are you confirming the respective file sizes, i.e. the original file, the LrM export and the LrW download (there's not an "export" function in LrW, only a couple of "download" options whose settings are fixed).

2. What file-type is the original, and what file-type are you exporting to in LrM? You say you exported with no compression, so that would suggest you exported with the file type set as "original", DNG or Tiff, so which did you use? But LrW only has one "original" download option and two Jpeg options, so if you used "original" in both LrM and LrW then obviously the output file-sizes from both should be the same as the original. And if you used one of the Jpeg options (which are compressed) then it's likely that the output file size will not be the same as the LrM option....but having said that, I can't imagine a scenario where a 24MB file could be exported as a 55MB file, so some clarity of your actual procedures would help us figure out what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20211216-124402_Gallery.jpg

This in my original jpg, the file manager shows its size at 15.81MB (12000x9000)

Screenshot_20211216-131413_Lightroom.jpg

I made my edits (which were minimal) within LR Mobile and used the above export settings. File type: jpg, Dimensions: Largest Available, Quality: 100

Screenshot_20211216-124416_Gallery.jpg

This is the image LRM produces after several minutes of processing. The file manager shows it's size now as 66.6MB (12000x9000).

Screenshot_20211216-125627_Gallery.jpg

If I go to LR Web it shows my file with the all my edits from LRM.  When I used the LRW download button and choose "JPEG (Full Size) Latest Edits" it will download the above file which is now 19.38 MB (12000x9000).  

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LrMobile, select the original image and open the Info tab, which will show the actual file size of that image. I'm wondering if there's an issue with whatever file manager you are using. The file sizes of the two exports are consistent with exports from a much larger file (the LrWeb output is significantly lower than the LrM export because of the different amounts of compression...you use 100% quality in LrM, but LrW is only around 80%, IIRC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I opened the original file (15.8MB) and the exported file (66.6MB) in LR and opened the info tab.  According to LR those file sizes are accurate.

However, I opened the original file in another photo editing program and exported it with the same results;  So, it's not Lightroom.  It looks like the original files are somehow compressed prior to importing into LR and when I export it with no compression the files are saved at their larger size.

Thanks for your help trouble shooting it.  I should have thought of putting it into another program and comparing earlier...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines