Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Photos on Mac?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to export full resolution photos from Lightroom  (as edited) into the Photos app on Mac? I edit my photos in LR but the final versions I like to save in the Photos app for later viewing and sharing.

On the iPad, I can do this by saving to the camera roll and then organising into a a folder within the Photos app. But I can't seem to do that on the desktop. Do I have to export to a folder on my Mac first, before importing those files into the Photos app (which is a bit clunky and potentially duplicates files).

Many thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to a folder, then import in Photos from that folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't export directly to the Photos app but I'm questioning why you need to do this. With Lightroom you can create public urls to share with others, and with the Lightroom app on your phone you have access to same exact images in Lightroom on your computer. You are creating extra work by exporting to the photos app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes please! There are quite a few reasons we want to be able to do this. Having a photo in my Apple Photos collection means it is available to Apple Photos on both destkop and iOS, which means I can open it in hundreds of photo manipulation apps on iOS (iOS can't access photos that are in LR, of course). Yes, I can push it to camera roll from LR mobile, but just looking for parity here - if we use both LR and Photos on both desktop and iOS, being able to pass images back and forth and have them all cloud sync'd is very useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines