Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Facebook

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am trying to export photos from lightroom and send to facebook but the white box is not showing up when i cllick on export. 

(Thread title edited by Moderator)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom Classic or the cloud-centric Lightroom desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that question was not to me, but this topic is of interest because I would like to be able to export/post from LR to FB as well, and have been unsuccessful at finding a way to do it thus far.  MY answer to your question is that I have tried both, but I am probably leaning towards LRC as my every day driver, as it has so many additional capabilities.  Although the free and instant presets available in the cloud-centric app are quite appealing, it would be nice to integrate those.  I've been trying to find nice presets for LRC, but thus far all I find are a few teasers from someone trying to sell me something.  I have no objections to making a buck, but I have much to learn before I start randomly buying stuff that I haven't a clue if I'll end up using once I become more adept.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC is not able to export directly to Facebook (that's a Facebook restriction, not an LrC limitation). However, it is possible to export directly to Facebook (and other social media apps) from the Lightroom Mobile app on phones and tablets (use the "Share" option on the main sharing page in LrM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip!  Does that not also apply to the LR (formerly known as LR CC, and this makes me flashback to being a teenager trying to explain to a waitress whether I wanted the old coke, new coke, old new coke, or new old coke!  For all you youngsters, I'm talking about cola, not drugs!!) app on the PC?  I thought they had identical functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, they don't have completely identical functions....there are still some differences which hopefully will be fixed eventually. One issue that apparently can't be fixed, however, is the FB one. For reasons best known to Meta they decided some years ago to not allow any desktop apps to upload directly to FB, but they do still allow direct uploads from apps on mobile devices. So it would seem that there's nothing that Adobe can do to fix that particular issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines