Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool missing in color grading pallet

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 

Is anyone else missing the eyedropper tool (presumably accessible by the color swatch adjacent to each of the color picker circles) in the color grading pallet? 

The color swatches (which I've seen elsewhere) are missing in my version & the eyedroopper is no where to be found.

Thx-

Michael

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom you are working with-

In the Color Mixer panel- The 'Eye Dropper' is a small circular icon with an iron cross centre-

2022-03-09 16_06_22-Lightroom.jpg

Activate this by a [Click] and I see this on the image-

2022-03-09 16_06_43-Lightroom.jpg

And the circular cursor on the image can alter the selected mode (H, S, L.)

2022-03-09 16_07_00-Lightroom.jpg

There is no Tool for Color Grading! You move the 'dots' on the color wheels for global color tints. (Duotone, Tritone, etc)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the quick response. Yes, it is Photoshop Lighroom v 5.2 I'm working with. 

I'm familiar w/ the eye dropper in the color mixer panel. But to clarify, are you saying that there is no such tool for the shadows/highlight/midtones in the color mixer panel?

Thx again-

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I am saying. No (eye-dropper) Tool for targeting an area on the image in Color GRADING panel. (Only the Color MIXER has the Target adjustment Tool).

The Color Grading function is 'Global'- shadows/highlights/midtones are automatically determined by Lightroom.

You only have control of the Color (in each color wheel), and 'Lightness' / 'Luminance' (in the slider under each color wheel).

A Youtube tutorial by PhLearn here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MIdVnNFC_s

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx Rob. Appreciate the detailed response. Links you provided are very helpful.

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines