• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request to Cloud Based Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a new MacBook Pro and was hoping to get TOPAZ Lab Plug-ins to go with my Lightroom Cloud version but I have read that you cannot use plugins both this version of Lightroom. Would like to request that this ability be added in the near future. In the meantime, is there a work around? I would upgrade to Classic but that would lose the mobility of being cloud based, correct? What would advantages be to go with Classic? 

TOPICS
macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would upgrade to Classic but that would lose the mobility of being cloud based, correct? What would advantages be to go with Classic? 

No, you wouldn't lose the mobility of being cloud-based. You can sync all images in a Classic catalog to the cloud, so then having access to them all from your mobile devices. However, Classic can only upload smart previews of the originals, which are 2560px on the long edge. They are generally good enough for viewing on mobile devices, and even editing on them, the main drawback is that you wouldn't be able to share/export them in full resolution from the mobile devices. Another good thing about smart previews is that they do not count against the 20GB cloud storage (which is what you would get if you switched to the Classic Photography Plan), so you can have your entire catalog uploaded as smart previews to the cloud at no cost.

One thing to bear in mind if you do decide to switch to Classic is that you would be responsible for maintaining suitable image and catalog backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines