• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Capacity on downloads

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When uploading files into LR Classic, is there a limitation to how many files you can upload to process?

So I open LR Classic, I select the folder where my original files are stored (raw files)

I choose the files inside the folder to be brought into LR for processing.

??? Is there a limit of files LR can bring in to work on in LR??

I did a day long event and took a huge amout of pics.

I recently was attempting to load into LR my files, but it would only load half or less of them.

That is why I'm asking if there is a "limit" of files one can load into LR to process.

IF so, then I need to know that number limit, so I know how to break up the numbers to get all files worked.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider these points-

-Lightroom-CLASSIC (v10.2) stores any files you Import to a local hard-drive, so your  local "limit" is only the capacity of your Hard-drives.

-Lightroom-CLASSIC does NOT sync full-size files to the Cloud.

-Lightroom-CLASSIC does NOT "upload" any full-size files to the Cloud.

-Lightroom-CLASSIC can sync proxy (Smart Preview) files from specified Collections in the Catalog. These being small in size will sync much faster, and the do not use any of your Cloud storage at all, and are quite suitable for most editing functions by using Lightroom remotely (either: Lightroom on a laptop, iPad, or Web Browser).

-If you 'Import' (Add) files to Lightroom-Desktop (Cloud based v4.2, or Lr on a mobile device) then they DO upload to the Cloud.

-When "Uploading" to Lightroom-Desktop there WILL be a total limit on files. eg. 20GB if you have the Photography Plan with 20Gb storage.

-Consider your data transfer rate when you 'Add' files with Lightroom v4.2- a "huge amout of pics" may take considerable time to upload.

-Consider also that Lightroom-Desktop requires local hard-drive 'space' prior to it uploading files to the Cloud, so limited hard-drive space could limit the files. (by what amount? -I have no idea, sorry!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines