• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter out original raw files in the cloudspace without using LR Cloud Desktop?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR Classic and LR mobile. I have synced everything at least as smartpreviews with Classic via collections.

But when I'm not at home I use LR mobile from phone and tablet to import raw files.

And seem to not have done a very clean job managing, cause I'm having 36GB of my cloud space used, but by my design it should just be one collection with originals that is about 16GB. 

So I would very much like to find those spread out additional original raw files that are somewhere stored in the cloud.

I can not filter by filename, since smartpreviews are named just like their original raw counterpart.
I can't use Classics download folder, because I occasionally moved stuff from their to my folder structure.

So how do I find those rogue files, why is there no filter for this?

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

So the answer would be "No, there is no way without using LR non-classic on a Desktop PC".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There IS a filter for this, but it's currently only available in the Lightroom Desktop app (Filter Icon>Sync Status....."Synced and Backed Up" are the Originals that are stored in the cloud, "Synced from Lightroom Classic" are the Smart Previews).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the answer would be "No, there is no way without using LR non-classic on a Desktop PC".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to Lightroom Cloud Desktop then it would only be a one off job to do the clean up.

For any future imports on LR Mobile, just ensure that you are within the desired Album when importing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since autoimport is not really working (not recognizes CR3 files on Android), I have to add photos one by one with the share option, so they wont end up in an album (only auto import does that). So if its older photos its hard to find them in "all photos", cause they wont be on top.

Then I need to make sure to delete the originals after moving them on Desktop and resend them as smartpreviews back into the cloud, its all much more complicated then it needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur with the second paragraph, it does take a bit of management.

Regarding the first paragraph though, can you give some more details your workflow?

Are these CR3s in the Gallery (if that's what Android call it) on the phone? If so, how go they get there? Have you tried direct import into Lightroom Mobile?

The reason I ask it that on iOS, if you navigate and 'go into' the Album that you want, you can add Photos (from Camera Roll, connected SD card etc) into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photos get there by Wifi, and probably no, Android does not recognize them as photos (which is the main problem I suppose, still Adobe should not be depended on that).

I had a file explorer that was able to mass share them with Lightroom (that still won't put them in any desired album/folder) that at least got them in there in masses. But that stopped working on my Tablet device.

And no, I never use direct import because I mostly do it on the run and setting up a wired connection would be to annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines