• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Missing Images and Presets after Lightroom Mobile 5.4 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Lightroom automatically updated and I lost everything I had until this morning when I last used it.

I hope theres a way to recover my work back.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4199043}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue related to the latest release of Lightroom mobile (5.4.0) on iOS and iPadOS. The team is investigating and we’ll share an update with affected customers as soon as possible. If you have not installed the 5.4 update, please do not update. If you have installed the 5.4 update, do not launch the app. Also do not delete and try to re-install the app. We are rolling out a 5.4.1 update to resolve this issue.

For more info, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-today-18th-august-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi All,

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I update IOS lightroom to version 5.4.0 7C7959. All my photos and presets are gone.  My trial ended long time ago, but now it is started again! Local folder on Iphone is also emty! Alease help me, there was 2 years of creativity!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, today I updated to 5.4.0 (iOS latest update on iPhone 11 Pro Max) and I can't find most of my photos and preset. The most recent one is from 

about 2 years ago. I subscribed to premium today but didn't fix the problem.

Can anyone help with this issue?

thanks

Salvatore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

после последнего обновление приложения 5.4 на айфон, вся бибилиотека и все стили удалились. что делать, чтобы асё вернуть? это ошибка и вы её исправляете? или децствительно весь матеиал за несколько лет будет утерян ? очень грустно...
------------

after the last update of the 5.4 application on the iPhone, the entire library and all styles were deleted. what to do to return asho? is this a bug and are you fixing it? Or indeed all material will be lost in a few years? very sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets are gone as well.  Only a few preserved.  So frustrating!   All my recent edits are gone and lost as well!   It's like my app went back to a year ago!!!  It's so strange.  What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Mine just did the same thing! I've bought presents in the past for the app and now they're all gone! There's pictures from about a year ago and that's it. Adobe needs to fix this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Are there more people who lost all their pictures and editing styles in lightroom after the update? I just opened the app and everything is gone. I only can see pictures from September 2019. So I lost pictures from over 1 year in total. How is this even possible? And besides that I lost all my presets I made by myself... I really hope they will come with a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..... это грустно, зачем делать такое обновление, где материалы за несколько лет пропадают 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Я потеряла сотню пресетов и тысячи фотографий. Это очень грустно! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - can only see photos from 2018 and all the other important edited such as my own and bought presets are gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - just now Lightroom deleted all of my images since 2019 and keeps insisting to reinstall old albums that I keep deleting. I had 100 of so images yesterday that I edited to send to a brand today, and today they have all gone, and my account has reverted to what appears to be a previous setup/backup of Lightroom with all my old albums appearing again. Rubbish!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos and presets for the last 5 years have also been deleted. I hope there is an opportunity to return the data, but I doubt very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad that I am not the only one, I thought that this was because I was using a free account, but now that I've read through the thread I realised that many people were affected. I think it is really unfair for us to lose all the presets that we have so painstakingly curated. Important to note this is actually not the first time it happened, this is the second time a reset happened so I was not that surprised when it happened. Truly disappointed with the way adobe handled this, and I hope you would change your statement because it did not only affect a 'small' group of people, I think a large number of your consumer base was affected. I hope the company would reflect on this incident, and ensure, this would never happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos and presets just disappeared as well.... HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine as well... Everything! All presets and photo's... HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a big problem with the Lightroom Mobile app. This morning I noticed that more than 200 photos are disappeared from my library, and now only I can see are 63 old pictures that I canceled more than one year ago 😞 I have a free version and never had a problem before. I use the app every day and I have an iPhone 11, IOS version 13.6.1. There is a way to recover all my photos? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I just noticed literally all photos past 2018 are gone and all the presets I bought are gone.... adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my case... I chatted with someone from support and basically said it was my fault because I didn't made sure everything was in the cloud which is stupid! If it was only me, there wouldn't be so many replies here after the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're kidding me.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'brendagiselle'

I'm sorry the boilerplate response you got from Support was not relevant to this problem.  Their response sounds geared towards free users of the app who might have deleted the app and are later surprised the files in the app are also purged.  (any files not synced to cloud storage provided by a paid subscription are lost when the free app is deleted).  Whether you are a free or paid user, I ask that you follow the guidance I just posted elsewhere in this thread (basically, please backup your device)

Thanks for your patience while we continue investigating the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I have the same problem, what can I do? How can I contact you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the exact same response from support - that I lost the photos because I wasn't using cloud storage properly and upgrading to a paid subscription would help. I was also told to contact Apple to extend my trial and restore all my photos (which didn't work). So after 4 hours of talking to different support teams I have found this thread and realised I'm not the only one! 

Would be helpful if these sort of bugs are flagged with support reps so they don't send you down rabbit holes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got on my lightroom app to see almost all photos and presets gone. Has this happened to anyone and how do I fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines