• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Free-Floating Geometry Guides

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPad the Geometry guides don't attach to the photo and float freely after being placed but do re-attach where they should be after closing the geometry menu and opening again but if zooming in or out they detach again.

(On the newest version of iPadOS and Lightroom as of posting)

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I looked at your video, and this appears to be working as designed.  The geometry guide lines do not zoom with the image or stay anchored because they are not really attached to the image in the way that things like masks work.  And the perspective that is applied by the geometry guides doesn't really change when zooming in/out.  When you reload the geometry view and the guide lines appear to be in the right place, it's because the original zoom level is applied to your image.

If what you're trying to do is refine the geometry guide while zoomed, then please zoom first and then apply the geometry guide.  

I will bring up this user experience to the team to share what I think you're suggesting here.  Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree, here's a video of it working how im expecting in 2 other Adobe softwares, and the pc version of the same Cloud Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional post and video.  I agree, having Lightroom iOS function like the desktop counterparts and other apps make sense.  I will note this in the enhancement request logged with the team.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to upvote this issue. I remember guides used to be attached to the image which makes a lot of sense – mostly for the purpose of precise corrections.

And upon any guide edit while zoomed in, they get back to initial position related to image, so it looks they are anchored somehow.

Please, solve this issue. I recently unsubscribed because of that and now resubscribed hoping it is solved.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie. Any update on this bug? It's really frustrating, especially this is a paid feature. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marcin.ukleja 

The issue logged with the team remains open, but otherwise I have no changes or updates to share at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to complain about this issue and ask to change this back to how it was soon. I dont know why it was changed in the first place. It has gotten nearly impossible to make a 100% straight Architecture Photo without zooming in on the guides. This is really really frustrating. Please take care of this. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost sure it wasn't an intentional change. Luckily I have a case open (ADB-31513943-P4N8) and I'm in contact with support team. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update from the support team.

Dear Marcin,

Thank you for contacting Adobe. We have raised this issue to our back end along with the logs that you have shared with us. Our back end is working on it and it will be fixed on the next update. We would really appreciate your patience. For now, we will be closing the case from our end, and for any further issues please contact us, we are here to help you.

Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday the new update was issued, but it doesn't solve the problem :(. Waiting for the clarification from the support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support created another task/issue and told me it will be fixed with "future update". This time they didn't say "next update" 😕 and didn't respond to my question why wasn't it fixed as promised. Very poor experience with this feature and support team. It's a definite bug present for more than 1 year. Any idea how can I make it fixed by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @marcin.ukleja 

I work on the Lightroom iOS team, not in Adobe Support.  We do hear you, and let me assure you there is a ticket logged to improve this.  I can't promise a specific date, as it's not up to me to prioritze work for the team.  I will remind the team and product owner there are users waiting for a fix, as demonstrated here.  Kind regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Charlie.D so much! I really appreciate it, cause it's the only bug that keeps me from using Lightroom. I purchased it mainly for this feature, and it's so frustrating for my perfectionist mind, to fight with this instead of straightening my photos with satisfaction ;).

Do you recommend any other way for requesting fixes to the Lightroom on iOS in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marcin.ukleja 

To be clear, this is not a bug but rather an enhancement request. 

Additionally:
Adobe Staff is not allowed to make promises of eventuality of any fix, new device support, or enhancement requests.  Even something as vague as "the next release" is not possible to say with certainty.

If you have the support person's name and are willing to share it, I will attempt to make certain no one is misled in the future. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Rikk Flohr: Photography for your response. Unfortunately I cannot agree this is not a bug. It worked in different way more that year ago. It works differently on desktop app. Guides refreshes upon any change. This couldn't be a feature, really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rikk Flohr: Photography , I sent you the information you asked for long time ago (DM), but not sure if you received it. Do you have any update on this issue?

Hopefully, I convinced you it is not intended behavior, since it's different on mobile and desktop version. It really makes geometry correction on mobile unusable for me. Hopefully it will be solved soon, especially it should not be difficult to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was moved to feature requests, and a ticket was sent to engineering. I can share no ETA for its deployment at this time. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate