• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fuji profile issue

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all sorry if this has already been covered. I am having an issue where the camera profiles show up and can be used fin inside of lightroom. However, when I edit in photoshop the profiles are no longer there. They also do not appear in camera raw. Has anyone any idea as to what is going on?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you edit in Photoshop, the image gets rendered into a tif file (photoshop cannot edit raw files), which bakes in the profile and you will no longer be able to change it since it is already baked into the image. This will subsequently make the profile unavailable on those edited files. This is why it is usually best to avoid going into Photoshop as at that point all edits are baked into the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see but I do note that some of the profiles do work when I export to photoshop and others don't.

I have also noticed that the dialogue box in lightroom that used to open up saying edit with lightroom adjustments is no longer there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some profiles work because there are two kinds of profiles. The adobe default set and the camera matching profiles are raw profiles that only apply to raw files. The rest are what's called "creative profiles". They are completely different and are basically presets rolled into a "creative profile" that do edits you could do with the sliders but simply provide a new zero point to the sliders.  So those apply to all kinds of files including tiffs that came back from Photoshop.

>I have also noticed that the dialogue box in lightroom that used to open up saying edit with lightroom adjustments is no longer there?

That only shows up for tiff/psd/jpeg originals. For raw files you don't get this dialog. It is also possible that you disabled the dialog. You can reset this in Preferences->general->reset all warning dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines