• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Geotagging photos and videos missing in LR CC?

Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or is geotagging missing in LR CC? The photo's info shows the info on a map but how do I add new geotags to files without gps info?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Yes, there's no map module equivalent in version 1.0 of the new cloud-native LRCC. If this is important to you, it would be worth putting in a feature request so they can gauge how many people really want this feature too https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's no map module equivalent in version 1.0 of the new cloud-native LRCC. If this is important to you, it would be worth putting in a feature request so they can gauge how many people really want this feature too https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

So LR CC has not face recognition/tagging and no geotagging. Two serious omissions IMHO. So LR CC is nothing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edisso10018  wrote

Two serious omissions IMHO. So LR CC is nothing for me.

Yeah, it's only version 1.0, so it'll continue to grow. Just keep an eye on progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

What happens to the Geo information for the photos I have uploaded? Is this still there so when Geo feature introduced in future version it will pick up? Or will I need to manually tag my images?

Thanks

Darran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this, I really would like to see geotagging added in --it's one of the more powerful ways to sort/organize my photos. Please add this in Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes still waiting (long time...) for this feature! You can now add the GPS coordinates to a photo, but they need the fucnatioanlity of importing GPX files (like what LR Classic has for years and years).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines