• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Started.....

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am very much the new 'Old' kid on the block here....I have been considering investing  initially in Photoshop but  have seen a few ads on the Mac site for their own version Adobe.  However my query is still more or less the same.....I  note that there are numerous pieces of software available for the Adobe as there is with Photoshop, so does all the software work on a stand lone basis, or does one have to have a basic set up before add on's can be attached and operated....

Trust this makes sense... any info would be helpful I am sure

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand your question, but I'm not sure. Photoshop, and other Adobe applications, are installed from the Adobe cloud. But they are installed as "standalone" programs on your computer. After those Adobe applications are installed on your computer then it is possible to install add-ons that are offered from third-party vendors. My experience in the past is that "sometimes" when updates or upgrades are installed it can be a little tricky to move some of these third-party add-ons because "sometimes" they are installed in folders that don't get moved when the update or upgrade is installed, and it's necessary to move the folder manually. That has been my experience in a couple of instances, but I don't use a lot of third-party add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been considering investing

For Photography-That would be the PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (20GB) Annual subscription- my (recommended) opinion. It has the best selection of software for Photography, for the smallest cost. !  Including ALL the Mobile apps for iPhones, iPads, Android devices! Only limitation is the 20GB storage (pay to increase)

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

ads on the Mac site for their own version Adobe.

Not sure what you mean by this. Most Adobe software is only available from Adobe. (Only 'Free' & 'Premium' from the Apple App stores)

so does all the software work on a stand lone basis

For Photography- Photoshop, Lightroom-Classic (and Bridge), all 'work' as stand-alone:. Lightroom-Mobile requires Cloud online access.

BUT- You do need a subscription to the Creative Cloud for the 'Desktop App' that- 1) Installs the software, 2) Updates the software, 3) Checks your subscription is paid, 4)  Activates the software.

numerous pieces of software available for the Adobe

There are different Adobe subscription plans for other Adobe software.

BUY ALL Adobe products

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines