• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go pro raw iPad Pro

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to view my go pro 9 raw files on lightroom mobile for iPad Pro when my SD card is plugged in via usb-c. Does anyone know if there is a way around?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaulttxcdb072zbbj 

If Apple's Photos app can display your images' thumbnails, then the platform supports your image type and Lightroom should be able to also display the image during import.  If the platform doesn't seem capable of displaying your images,  which sounds like your siutation here, then Lightroom's importer screen won't be able to show the images.  Only after LR imports the images can we then render our own thumbs for you to see.  I understand this doesn't help you see/choose specific images during the import process.  Apple may improve iOS support for your Go Pro Raws in the future -- you might contact them to signal that users want support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. So it seems that I think I've managed something. I can transfer .gpr raw file from my macbook to ipad via airdrop. Once im in lightroom, I can upload the file. The file uploads in DNG format - still seems to be RAW as there is much more data on the photo than JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll forward your issue to the team, so they can investigate this (as it sounds like you didn't even see placeholder (blank) thumbs in Lightroom's import screen.

As far as your work around, let me share an alternative that may be more efficient:

If you are a subscriber and can sync (not using the free app), and since you mentioned having a desktop computer where you've copied your Go Pro images, try signing into your same Lightroom account in a web browser at https://lightroom.adobe.com/  Lightroom Mobile Premium subscriber can also use this Web version of our app.  Once you are signed in, you can import your images from your SD Card or Mac hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie, I'll try that and thanks for your response.

May you please confirm with a screenshot of what Im supposed to see? ' placeholder (blank) thumbs in Lightroom's import screen'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a screenshot handy, but in the past when I've seen images that IOS cannot render upon reading the SD card, or still don't render after being imported to my iOS camera roll, those look like empty (white or gray) rectangles.  This is what I mean by placeholders.  Does iOS display these empty rectangles for your images, or show nothing at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im going to insert two screenshots. My SD card is connected via USB-C. One screenshot is from apple photos (you can see the GPR files (RAW) which are blank). The other screnshot is what I see in lightroom, which are the JPG files and not the GPR.IMG_6EBBD1641CD3-1.jpegIMG_5186801FAB8C-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing.  Do any placeholders like those in the Photos app appear in LR when you tap that 3-dot menu in Lightroom's Direct Import screen and select only Raws and not also Photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Charlie, not even. Look below151E2D36-3F4A-4B15-BC0E-D18EF70BAB71.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines