• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HD reformatted, no access to photos in Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My external hard drive had to be reformatted. Now, when I go into lightroom, my folders and sub folders have a "?" beside them.

How can i locate the location of the photos to have access to them again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally speaking, if you're going to reformat a hard drive you want to back-up all your files to an external location (external hard drive, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, that sort of thing) so that you can retrieve them later.

Assuming you did that and then retrieved them after the reformat but still can't locate them using Lightroom, I'm going to move this to the Lightroom forum in the hopes someone there can help you.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My external hard drive had to be reformatted. Now, when I go into lightroom, my folders and sub folders have a "?" beside them.

How can i locate the location of the photos to have access to them again?

By @Carrie5ED3

Presumably, therefore, your images were on the external hard drive that was reformatted, in which case the images are no longer there (the "?" on the folder and sub-folders means that Lightroom can no longer find them). So they have to be restored from a backup, assuming you do have a backup? Do you have a backup, and if so where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines