• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Classic to now Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop computer crashed a month ago... I am now using a laptop for everything.    And have the Cloud based Lightroom on this laptop.    I am trying to export files from a shoot I had uploaded on my desktop computer.... a month ago.... 

These files that I am trying to export are visible on my laptop and I can edit them. 

But.. when trying to export it says it cannot export at the Size I Want... because it  "cannot access the full size original" 

When I click on INFO.. for the files... Under SYNC STATUS-   I see that these files were "Synced from Lightroom Classic" ( Before my desktop computer crashed) and Smart Preview is listed beside LOCAL and CLOUD. 

How can I get these files exported at Original file size and not the 1.7 mb files it's exporting as? 

Do I have to start all over again and upload these files to my laptop and re edit, then export? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC can only upload Smart Previews, which is why that's all that are available to you in the cloud when you want to export. If you try to export at full resoltion, you get the error message as expected.

If you still have access to the original images that were in the LrC catalog, you can upload them directly into the Lightroom app and it should replace the Smart Preview with the original and you wouldn't lose any work that you had done on the files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jim!  

I do have the originals...  is it as simple as "add photos"  to the cloud based lightroom?   And it will just automatically replace the previews?   Or do I need to add to the album of images, the ones I'm working on and talking about in this post?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should just be a case of using "Add Photos" and Lightroom should detect it's the original of an existing Smart Preview, so it should then simply replace the SP with the original. Try it with just one image first, and keep your eye on the All Photos total....that total should remain the same after the import, but if it increases by one then we'll know it hasn't worked as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Jim, 

I tried your suggestion and the "All Photos" did not increase.... but the two albums that I am trying to fix/work on... their numbers doubled.   But I do not see doubles of the images.  Any advice....?   I'mexport screenshot.jpglightroom screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines