• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help in tethering a D7500 to iMac

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community, hopefully someone can help. Firstly a disclaimer: my knowedge of Lightroom isn't great - so more info is probably better then less.

I am running an iMac with Catalina v10.15.7

I have the Lightroom photography plan and it is running Lighroom v5.2. I don't know whether this is lightroom classic but I think so.

I am stuck trying to connect my Nikon D7500 to Lightroom. I have connected a it via a 'Beats' USB cable.

The camera doesn't show up in finder which may be a problem.

Anyway, when I look online, the guides say in the Lightroom menu bar to select File > Tethered Camera>...

I can't do this as in my File drop-down menu, I only get 'Add photos', 'search my photos', 'import profiles & presets', 'export', 'export with previous', 'edit in photoshop', and finally 'migrate from'. Nothing else and certainly no reference anywhere to tethered cameras (see photo). Also, in the youtube clips the drop-down menu looks way longer that the one I get. 

I suspect the problem may be linked to the iMac/Lightroom not recognising the camera but any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Tethering is not supported in Lightroom, only in Lightroom Classic. If you have the Photography plan (and not the Lightroom Plan), then your subscription includes both versions of Lightroom, as well as Photoshop. But you'll need to go to your Creative Cloud Desktop app to download Lightroom Classic.

Be aware that Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic, are very different programs, in terms of how they anage your photos. Lightroom uploads all photos to the cloud, whereas Lightroom Classic stores all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v5.2 does not have a tether function.

The online sites you have read are for Lightroom-CLASSIC.  A totally different App.

You will need an independent Tethering App to 'save' you camera images to your computer, then Import/Add them to the Lightroom catalog.

TETHER - DIGICAMCONTROL

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tethering is not supported in Lightroom, only in Lightroom Classic. If you have the Photography plan (and not the Lightroom Plan), then your subscription includes both versions of Lightroom, as well as Photoshop. But you'll need to go to your Creative Cloud Desktop app to download Lightroom Classic.

Be aware that Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic, are very different programs, in terms of how they anage your photos. Lightroom uploads all photos to the cloud, whereas Lightroom Classic stores all images locally (but you can sync specifically selected Smart Previews to the cloud). Please carefully consider the difference and study how it works before you try it.

Lightroom Classic Help Content

Lightroom Help Content

Difference between Lightroom and Lightroom Classic (Adobe help page)

Lightroom cloud ecosystem vs. Lightroom Classic – which do I need? (Lightroom Queen page) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines