• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me understand the Lightroom CC file structure - multiple file locations?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if someone can help. 

I use Lightroom CC, having migrated from Lightroom Classic a few years ago. I have around 300gb of photos synced to the cloud. Currently I have the following folders which I believe are to do with Lightroom CC:

Folder: Lightoom CC - 309gb

and

Lightoom Library.lrlibrary - 339.1gb

I am right in thinking .lrlibrary file is the main storage of the original photos? If so, do I require the Lightroom CC folder if this is just doubling up? I when a drill down to the folder the structure is a 'Originals' folder. 

Am I able to delete one of these so as not to double up on the same items?

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

The 'Lightroom CC' folder is most likely a left over from when you migrated. You should not need it anymore. You can verify this by renaming it and then see if that influences Lightroom in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not positive on this, but based on what I have read:

The folder Lightroom CC is the local cache, includes any smart previews downloaded or generated local prviews applying develop settings to an image.

The Lightroom Library is downloaded original images.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 'Lightroom CC' folder is most likely a left over from when you migrated. You should not need it anymore. You can verify this by renaming it and then see if that influences Lightroom in any way.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines