• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help missing photos after new computer was purchased.

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a year ago my imac died. The store used my backup hard drive to restore my files. I was searching for some photos I had taken a while  back as I was goint to enter a photo contest. I discovered many of my older photos did not seem to make the trip as a search of the drive on the imac did not result in anything. I stll have the back up drive and they look to be on there.

I am running Lightroom Classic 9.1.  Some of the folders in the library are completely grayed out. In others the thumbnails are there but when I click on them the pictures are missing. 

I followed the online instructions and am unsure how to proceed. Control clicking on the grayed out folders doesn't seem to result  in anything. And some of the folders are not grayed out but the pictures  are not to be found just the thumbnails. . Again a searchof the drive on the imac doesn't seem to produce much but they seem to be on the back up drive. 

What is the best way to proceed? Re-import the pictures from the back up drive? I doesn't want to hook up the back up drive each time I want to access these photos so establishing a link to the images on the back up drive is not my prefered solution. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DO NOT IMPORT FILES!!! (This is the worst you can do) DO NOT SYNCHRONIZE FOLDERS!!!

If your Catalog believes that your photos should exist in internal drive folders (or a specified drive), you need to copy these from your backup drive into the locations that LrC thinks they exist. Details are to be found in these links-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines