• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with People View / face recognition

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing out Lightroom for its facial recognition features.

We have a need to easily find all photos that include certain people, on demand.

So far I've uploaded around 14 photos and waited an hour after enabling 'People View'

Q1: How long does this take to index the photos?  If I had uploaded a much larger volume of data I could understand the wait.  

Q2: If people view is enabled and information has been added to identify the people, will members of my team be able to see this information in People View if I share the album with them?  

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The index process is reasonably fast. Each face needs to be recognized five times for the system to be able to prompt you for a name for that specific individual. I can pretty easily infer what they were trying to accomplish (avoid prompting you for transient people who are not in your circle of family/friends; e.g. some random individual on the street). Personally, I think this a very stupid system; especially since the system "never" goes back and refinds someone new your circle on previous pictures.

Overall, the face recognition aspect of Lr sucks compared to probably every competitor out there. It also, fails on the manual work around aspect also. I have yet to find any actual redeeming "feature" about it.

In terms of the sharing. I cannot answer, I do not use that feature.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Q2: No, I don't think that is possible with shared albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines