• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I disable the tool tips pop-ups?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to get into the swing of using Lightroom CC (which pales in comparison to the Lightroom Classic, IMO). I keep finding solutions to most of the problems I have had, however this particular one has me stuck.

Anytime I hover over a feature for a moment, an animated tool tip pops up. The pop-ups get in the way of my editing and are very annoying as they don't go away for all too long. This is really slowing down my productivity and of zero use to me since I already know how to use the features. I cannot find any way to make them go away when they pop-up, let alone disable them all together. Every search online only brings up the solutions for Photoshop, which the option does not appear in Lightroom CC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise I will have to abandon Lightroom CC as these are just all too distracting.

Thanks in advanced!

Take care,

-Justin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is no option at this time to disable the tooltips. You can make a suggestion on the following website where the developers monitor much more closely.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim! Although that's not the answer I was hoping for, I appreciate the insight and advice.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frequency and the hover time to trigger with which the animated tool tips appear get better with time. It should get less intrusive as you use the app.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, I've been using Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere for 5 years now and it does not get any less annoying, we just develope a technique to keep the cursor moving and work faster than the pop-up. Honestly; it's a terrible feature. All we ask for is the option to disable it but Adobe is completely abscent on the matter 😄 Incredible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These horses say 'neigh' to disabling their tooltips. Tooltips-All-The-Time.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it does not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the message was meant to be for the moderator but I can't seem to be able to delete it ! 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

it doesn't get better with time. This tool should be not intrusive at all instead of, hopefully less intrusive with time... Adobe makes great softawares, I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to give the option to disable a beginner tool... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to look at horses every time I try to color grade an anything. It's literally covering a portion of my image. Every other adobe program has the option to turn these tooltips off, this is stupid. "It should get less intrunsive" is just admitting 'it is intrusive' and 'we won't let you fix it.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every month I search up if there's a way to opt out of the pop ups as they are intrusive and distracting. Considering moving to another editing software with more freedom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are accepting posts there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be marked as the correct answer. It is a useful answer but not "correct". As it is marked as correct it signals that the problem has been solved. It hasn't been solved. It is still unresolved I have wasted time with silly tool tips getting in my way. And now I have wasted time reading a post that purported to have solved my problem. And wasted even more time complaining about it  😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my ADHD, these tooltips are actually making it impossible for me to use Lightroom. I wanted to batch edit some photos but I guess I'm going to have to go back to photoshop…

I can't believe I pay for this. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise use Lightroom Classic, no pop ups, but no cloud either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded classic and the tootip hints are there also. : ~ (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's May 2021 and there's still no option to turn these off?? For some reason Lightroom Classic stopped saving my edits, the photo's look exactly the same as before and nothing helps... So I decided to switch to Lightroom CC, but these hints... They are *beeping* terrible! I searched for the option to turn them off, but there's only the option to reset them, like why, no one wants these?? (Except amateurs I guess?)

Maybe it's a good solution to let people choose if they want them or not, with an option like; that you'll be able to select, how experienced you are with Adobe itself or the specific programs.

I also get these hints in Illustrator and guess what? You can't turn those off either, doesn't matter how long you've been using the program itself...

Missing the old days in which this option was still available...

(Also missing the "Turn off Syncing" option button by the way, instead of just being able to pause it...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is really going down hill. I honestly hope their competitors start eating up the marketshare. I feel like the devs aren't even using the programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this is still a thing after all these years. Just let users toggle the tooltips feature on and off! It's not too much to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting this reply to state that it is January 4, 2022, and this is still not resolved. Awful feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, returning after 1.5 yrs with new insights about life : "Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you will get old..." and there will be annoying info pop-up's on adobe programs 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I am an experienced Lightroom Classic user and never having used Lightroom Cloud (or whatever they're calling it) a few times) I found the tool tips useful - but hey if managment is listening - after a few times of seeing these obtrusive popups, I get it. I understand how to use the tools, and seeing them over and over and over again really is getting into my flow. I mean these are CREATIVITY tools. Please this is SO EASY - just give us an option to turn them off! We are not children!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%. I find these pop-ups a complete annoyance and a total workflow speedbump. There exists a toggle to "reset" the pop-ups, meaning, they will show themselves EVERY TIME you want to use a particular tool, but still no way to turn them off? ADOBE????? Are you listening??? How hard can it be to create a simple toggle that allows us longtime users of your platforms to turn these workflow inhibitors off??? It is beyond annoying and distracting. It flat out makes me want to find a different solution all together for photo editing. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in 2021 this three year old topic is still relevant. Adobe is ever-more annoying to use. Drawing and painting with Adobe was fun! I won a MacWorld Award for business illustration in 2004. I LOVED illustrating with Adobe.

Not any more. Now using Adobe feels like a bad marraige. I want a divorce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines