• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove the vegetation in front of the lake?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, the main goal of this post is for me to learn how to do this, not to have someone else do it for me. I consider myself as a beginner with Lightroom, and of course I would like to learn more.

I took this photo this week of my boyfriend and I, and I really like this photo as it is, though there is still a lot of vegetation causing distractions. I don't know how feasible is to remove the vegetation under the tree (the left side I guess it is nearly impossible). Is this even possible to do in Lightroom, or only in Photoshop?

Any tips are more than welcome, but ultimately I would like to learn how to improve this photo.

_DSC5869.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lightroom forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that in Lightroom - you'd need Photoshp and a lot of time.

Lightroom and its spotting tool would be more suitable if you just wanted to remove an isolated branch. But here you've got a lot of foliage and, just as importantly, very little "clean" water to use as a source for cloning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had another photo from a closer perspective, without so much vegetation, so I played a bit with photoshop and I came up to this. Far from perfect, but I like it! I still prefer the original photo though, but it is fun to try some compositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines