• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How deactivating 1 lightroom 6.0

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6.0 installed under Windows 10 and installed it also on the same (multiple boot) computer under VirtualBox on linux.  The virtualbox disk crashed hence also LR vanished.  But I have no intention to reinstall LR under Virtualbox, because it was very much too slow.  However it is not deactivated.  I am trying now an LR installation, again on the same computer on linux, but using the emulator wine.  That seems to work better, however it complains that I have exceeded the number of installations (2).  That is correct , but I cannot find any way to deactivate the crashed virtualbox version and I have been running in circles on adobe's "help" web site but did not find any possibility to deactivate.  Registration is <removed by mod>.  Please delete 1 activation (in date the most recent one).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Sorry I gave a 'restricted' site link! My mistake. I will try again -

You will need to go to Adobe Customer Care: (a couple of links that should take you there)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede....

As you scroll down the site a Chat icon appears in the lower-right (a circle around a 'talk' icon with three dots)

ScreenShot387.jpg

You need to be signed in to the for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only be able to reset Activations by Contacting Adobe by 'Chat' as suggested in this forum thread-

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.  Unfortunately, the link you provide tells me "Access Denied   This page isn't available. Try checking the URL or visit a different page" although I am currently logged-in.  However I am a complete newby at the Adobe web site and find it difficult to navigate.  It might be obvious, but how to make such a chat?  Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I gave a 'restricted' site link! My mistake. I will try again -

You will need to go to Adobe Customer Care: (a couple of links that should take you there)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...

As you scroll down the site a Chat icon appears in the lower-right (a circle around a 'talk' icon with three dots)

ScreenShot387.jpg

You need to be signed in to the forum with your ID and PW, and be able to provide your LR6 Serial Number.

Then type "Agent" in the chat box to chat with a Human by-passing the AI!

Be sure to only ask to have your activations reset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, it looks exactly what I need.  So I followed your directions, signed in to adobe and the community.adobe. I got to the "Customer Care Section" page and scrolled down several times, but there is no "Chat" icon to be seen.  Somewhere there is on another page (lightroom-cc) an icon ("headset") with the text "Contact Us - Real help from real people. -Start now" but that brings me back to the starting page adobe_01.  I have expanded all the items marked "v" to na avail.   Attached screendumps, where adobe_01 is the top and adobe_02 the bottom of the same page.  I have checked on the Dutch (my native language) and English Adobe web sites, they are the same - no "chat" option that I am able to find.

To avoid misunderstanding, this concerns the version of lightroom 6 which is stand-alone installation on my PC, not the lightroom-cloud version.

Regards, Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed the screendumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I'm a little confused, however I stay confused a lot. 🙂 Are you referring to the link that I provided to you for the Adobe CC cleaner program being what you needed to fix your problem? If that's the case, when you click on that link and open the page, you can contact support via chat by going to the upper right hand side of the screen/toolbar and clicking on the support drop down, then click on the contact us tab (highlighted in blue). That will or rather did for me, start a virtual chat session. They will probably be able to help you more with your inquiry than I can. 

As for the Lightroom being a stand-alone program, yes I'm referring to Lightroom as being a software program I installed on my pc via a disc and not via the CC program. I don't use the creative cloud program, however I had to "subscribe" to it when I had downloaded the cleaner program. If this makes any sense! Be aware that when I had downloaded it, there were a bunch of other apps attached to it that I'm not sure what they are for! If you contact support via the link I added, they should be a little more helpful with any questions. I just downloaded the program and ran it according to the instructions provided in the link and it fixed my program error! Hope this helps in any way. Be safe!

Cheers,

Keith J.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC,

I just spent the last two hours in a chat with three different agents, two of them supervisors. They all assure me that this is not possible any longer. The activation servers have been retired and you can no longer install and activate a new instance of Lr6. Do you know if this is true, or was I just unlucky enough to get support personnel who don't want to help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not work for Adobe so have no 'internal' knowledge of Adobe policies. My reading of forums suggests that Activation of Creative Suites CS2,3,4 is definitely not possible, and yet other Lightroom users have been successful in having their activations reset.

Maybe v6 re-activation is really coming to an end, but, try again.

Another user found success - see the last reply in this thread-

Lightroom 6 -DEACTIVATION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a fellow Lightroom 6 user and had to un-install/re-install my program due to an error when bridging an image from Lightroom to Photoshop Elements. Yes, as discussed in prior replies, you can "supposedly" only use this version on two computers only. For what reasons I don't know! 

What I had to do was download a part from Adobe CC that cleans your registry errors and forces your program to release and work normally. Here's a link for some resources on that, it may be of some help. I hope it helps!

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Cheers, 

Keith J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultg8bh8kizanhs  Your screen-clip {adobe_01.png} shows the page to be on for Chat. If you do not see the circle chat icon lower-right (did you scroll down?) then try a different browser to Chromium (Internet Explorer, Firefox)

I do not know where you found those other screen-shots that seem to link to old sites! ( the names Lightroom-CC are not used by Adobe anymore!)

Lightroom V6 (if I remember) was the first version to require Activation/Registration with Adobe, even for the Perpetual version. (It could be installed as Perpetual or Classic Cloud).  And to Reset the Activations you must now chat to Adobe. In the past it could be reset by viewing your 'Account' details at Adobe, but that ceased when support ended for V6.

See the chat icon on the page I opened from my 'corrected' links in an earlier post-

WobertC_0-1615323033637.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your replies which convinced me that I must have missed important items.  In my browser (btw chromium) the blue "contact us" from the support drop down became only visible when I increased the window. However it didn't do anything, it seemed dead.  And then that strange invisible "chat" icon.  So I restarted the browser, made sure I was signed in, allowed ALL cookies (important) and then the "contact us" worked while also the chat icon appeared.  I had the chat, the agent did something to my licence key (which was an exception, the agent typed) and now all is working.  Many thanks again for your efforts.

Regards, Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome, I'm glad things worked out for you and that I was able to help with your dilemma! These things happen from time to time. Stay safe! 

Cheers,

Keith J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all.

Following your instructions, I managed to chat with a human being (type "agent" at the very beginning is the key).

After downloading a LR install program, everything went fine again. 

Important : the Chat icon was invisible in Microsoft Edge. Everything went OK with Firefox.

Best regards, Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines