• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do files end up corrupted or lost with Cloud?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have an issue with photos in Lightroom no longer being editable?  Apparently I've 'lost' the originals and can no longer edit a ton of the photos that were imported.   Could it be related to an update?  

Thoughts, Adobe?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post some screenshots which clearly show the problems that you are experiencing. I don't understand what you mean when you say that some originals have apparently been lost, so a screenshot would probably help.

Also, please confirm the Lightroom version number that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 6.2.

When trying to export, it can't download. 

Same with trying to Open in Photoshop. 

Side EDIT panel is greyed out and none of the sliders work on many of the images.

Seeing my lightroom photos online in Creative Cloud, they are there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the sync status in the Lightroom desktop app (click on the cloud icon top right). All the indications are that Lightroom is not syncing with the cloud, so cannot download the original for exporting or editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like its synced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I did test that I can edit the photos when in the online version of Lightroom.  Maybe I need to redownload or something.  I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and re-installed the app, and still have the issues when trying to export out a jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Sync Status of one of the images that you are having trouble with (you'll find the Sync Status for individual imaghes at the bottom of the right-hand panel when you have the Info tab selected).

Also, you say that the app "seems to be synced"....what exactly does it say when you expose the sync info by clicking on the Cloud icon top right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the Sync Status from the upper right cloud in the desktop app showing the sync is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and here is the Sync Status of one of the images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshots.

Looking at the last one it's pretty clear that something is preventing the download ("Pending" status for the local file), but no indication as to what might be stopping it. Looking at the overall sync status screenshot, I notice you have a cloud storage allowance of 100GB, so would I be correct that you have a subscription that is part of a team/enterprise/educational subscription? If so, which particular type?

Following on from that, where are you running the Lightroom app from....your home of some form of business premises? I'm wondering if perhaps there's a firewall issue preventing downloading? 

I assume you've tried rebooting your system and checking your local fireewall settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh...good point.  I'm on a work desktop, and prob an enterprise ...yes...pretty particular security and firewalls.  I'll check with the IT dept.  Appreciate your help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm inquiring with my IT department regarding any firewall issues, but the App works fine on my laptop, while on the same network.  Perhaps it's something with the Mac OS?  I'm on Monterey, 12.6.2 on the desktop (11127" 2017).  and Monterey 12.5 on the Macbook Pro (2021).  

Still feel like it's a connection issue.  So we'll see.  Unless someone knows of a bug that makes connection off.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll reply to you offline to get some further diagnostic info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julie Kmoch  & @Jim Wilde,

Thanks for your help on this.  It did ultimately end up being the firewall on the ethernet cable connection.  Things are restored!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent news, Will! Glad you are back up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines