• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I add watermarks on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to run Lightroom 4, no longer supported on my Mac, so purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Can't find anywhere how to add a watermark to my pictures, it was so easy in Lightroom 4 .... Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarks are still possible using Lightroom Classic, which still utilizes a local catalog and stores images locally like Lightroom 4 did. However, the version of Lightroom you have installed is the new version that stores images in the cloud, and the desktop version does not have a watermark feature at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible answer, absolutely awful watermark is not available on desktop Lightroom 4.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarking is available in the Export options in LrD 4.4. 

Share>Export Custom Settings> Check Include Watermark

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Yes, now I see, it's there, but a bit hidden.
It is NOT visible or an option if menu remains on FILE TYPE: Original & Settings
Must select file type from this menu, at least JPG, for watermark checkbox and options appears as a choice. So if you are happy with exporting the original file type, then user is NOT shown watermark options. Glad it's there, apologies, thank you.

InkedKakaoTalk_20211023_175743291_01_LI.jpg

InkedKakaoTalk_20211023_181036979_LI.jpg

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is a Tradition in all Lightroom varieties- You CANNOT ever 'write' to an 'Original' file.

You can only ever 'Export' a new derivative file that is a 'Raster' pixel image file (JPG, TIFF, etc) that allows the Watermark to be embedded in the 'pixel' data of the rendered raster file.

DNG is also a 'raw' format that will not accept a Watermark (like other raw NEF, CR3, ARW, etc), but you can Export a DNG that contains the 'Editing' data that will be recognized if imported to other Adobe imaging software.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a watermark with the mobile version of Lightroom, but not the desktop version. I have to assume that means watermarks will eventually make their way into the Lightroom on a computer.

But, since you were using Lightroom 4, you probably should be using Lightroom Classic now. It is the same application as Lightroom 4 with a few upgrades. Lightroom Classic has the watermark feature that you are familiar with from Lightroom 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Thanks, I will take it look at classic as it looks like that’s the one for me. Can’t believe they produce a product that doesn’t do a fundamental process like watermarks on the desktop version.

Thanks again

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is missing a lot of features. It's still a relatively new application and over time it will get better. But there are other reasons to use Classic instead. Lightroom uploads your photos to a cloud. Classic does not. If you used Lightroom 4 before, Lightroom Classic will be essentially the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 still no lightroom 4.4 desktop watermarking, exactly how long to wait for this essential and expected feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default8ak0k3jzsj6i  See my answer above.

Watermarking is available in the Export options in LrD 4.4. 

Share>Export Custom Settings> Check Include Watermark

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is there in Lr4.4! in Export Custom Settings-

2021-10-23 13_23_49-Lightroom.jpg2021-10-23 13_24_03-how do I add watermarks on Adobe Photoshop Lightro... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Yes, now I see, it's there, but a bit hidden.
It is NOT visible or an option if menu remains on FILE TYPE: Original & Settings
Must select file type from this menu, at least JPG, for watermark checkbox and options appears as a choice. So if you are happy with exporting the original file type, then user is NOT shown watermark options. 

KakaoTalk_20211023_175743291_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines