• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Batch Reject From Catalog Original Files Not Found?

Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of images in my catalog that are duplicates. The image files are from two different folder locations on the disk. I have deleted one of those folders with duplicate image files. Now in my Lightroom catalog I am left with image shells with its original file not found. I can mark each of these shells individually for rejection but that is taking me a very long time if I am to do them all. I have not found a way for Lightroom to recognize any such catalog shell such that I can reject them in a batch process. Can that batch rejection be done and if so how would I do it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Lightroom forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if this is going to help you are not. I had a hard drive crash a while back, and lost a sizable number of scanned images. When I restored the catalog which contained those scanned images there were a lot of holes in that catalog. I used the library module and simply highlighted the groups of images that were missing and chose to delete them and it worked. If you have marked a sizable number of images (or missing images) to be deleted then you can press Ctrl+Bkspc in Windows (or equivalent on the Mac) and Lightroom will give you the option to delete all images that have been marked for deletion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines