• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the location Lightroom auto syncs too?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up lightroom cc and have it auto import images from my office's image folder on google drive so that lightroom always stays up to date as we add more photos, but I don't know how to direct it to that location to do it or if I even can.  When I first opened lightroom cc it just grabbed photos and started to upload them, but I don't know where it was grabbing them from. How can I point lightroom cc to auto sync and upload folders from google drive?

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no app called Lightroom CC, so please tell us which of the two different Lightroom apps you are referring to. There is Lightroom Classic, which DOES have an auto-import function, and there is the cloud-centric Lightroom desktop app, which does NOT have an auto-import function.

Please advise the exact version number of the app that you are using (do Help>System Info and provide a screenshot of the first 10 lines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud version of lightroom.  Also if there is no auto-sync why would it then the first time I opened it did it important a whole bunch of photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the photos that were present either have been taken on your phone and synced to the Cloud or alternatively synced to the Cloud from a Lightroom Classic Collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my phone is not synced to my work computer, the same thing happened on my boss's computer and he doesn't have lightroom classic on his computer. It just auto grabbed images from somewhere and we dont know where or how to change the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW way the cloud-centric version is Lightroom CC, Lightroom CC is just the old name, all they did was shorten it from Lightroom CC to just Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, the name "Lightroom CC" was used in the past for the subscription version of Lightroom 6 (desktop-based image storage), then in 2017 it was given to the newly-released desktop version of the cloud-based image storage application. At the same time the subscription-version of Lightroom 6 was updated and became Lightroom Classic. So when people say they are using "Lightroom CC" they could be talking about two completely different applications, hence the request for clarity.

A couple of years later "CC" was dropped from all Adobe applications, including Lightroom. 

But the Lightroom Desktop app is part of the Lightroom ecosystem, which includes similar apps for iOS, IpadOS and Android mobile devices, so all that I think we've established so far is that you are not referring to Lightroom Classic. It may be that you are referring to the Lightroom Mobile version, but I'm just guessing. So it would be super helpful if you could clarify exactly which "cloud version" of "Lightroom" you are talking about. The reason why this is important to establish is that, as I mentioned earlier, the Lightroom Desktop version does NOT have any form of "auto-import" function, but Lightroom Mobile DOES. However, that "auto-import" on iPhone/iPad is restricted to the device's Camera Roll, whereas the Android version appears to have slightly more options, but I do not know if that includes Google Drive (though I doubt it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referring to the lightroom cloud version, Not the phone app. I don't use the phone-based versions as I use it for work, not personal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines