• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I clear my lightroom cloud STORAGE????

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys

My cloud is full on 20GB of storage on my images.

I didn't really want them backed up to the cloud in the first place.

I want to download them back to my local drive > How do I do this?

Also

I'm unhappy with the new version of Lightroom mobile on my desktop but

cannot get the old cc version to work.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I just keep getting

error when I try to start it/

Andy

DUBLIN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi Andy,

To clear your Lightroom storage please go to Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom  and log in with the Adobe ID associated with your Creative Cloud membership

Then click the LR logo on the top left of the page and select Account Info

account_info.jpg

Then choose the delete library

library.jpg

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happened from that LR symbol. I Tried with two different browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I primarily use Lightroom classic on my Windows desktop.  I would to sync some of my photos with my mobile CC apps to see how they will look on different platforms and adjust them with LR CC.  I followed the "delete permanently" instructions in the prior posts to free up all cloud space.  That removed my photos from the cloud but did not clear my reported 19.4GB of 20GB allotment used in my CC photo plan according to my account web page view.  I then went to my assets cloud page and deleted all files and folders. That still did not change my reported usage.  My Lightroom Classic does show 0GB of 20GB used as I wanted it to. However,  I am still showing 19.4 GB being used on my mobile and CC apps.  I have Lightroom mobile on my iPad and Android phone as well as CC on my desktop.  I waited 18 hours to see if the system would respond after some time had passed but that did not happen.

At this point, I have no photos or assets in my could account yet my usage still shows almost full.  Why the discrepency on the same cloud account? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  It took over 24 hours for my cloud usage to reflect the empty deleted files usage.  Thanks to you folks I now have a clean slate.  Cheers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was having the same issue, deleted a bunch of photos but cloud storage was not reflecting any change. I was about to delete the Lightroom Library but so glad I saw your post before I clicked on that button. I'm on the 1TB storage plan, I still have around 150GB left of free space, so I can manage 24 hours. Whew, Adobe doesn't make this easy. Not gonna lie, if Apple brought back Aperture + iCloud, I would drop Adobe in a heart beat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info is a bit outdated - click on profile on the right rather than LR on the left, (for those who may be looking as of Oct 2020)  but it worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I deleted a bunch of photos from Lightroom CC but my cloud storage was not reflecting any changes. I waited more than 24 hours and nada. Then I went to Lightroom Classic and started deleting collections and bam, I started getting more storage instantly. So even if you delete photos from Lightroom CC or Lightroom Mobile,if you have Collections on Lightroom Classic synced to the cloud they'll still take up storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says access denied when I do that. How am I supost to use Lightroom now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

now it seems that I have to write a sentence to delete but it didn't work. The delete button is unclickable.

Thank you for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please dont follow this instruction if you dont want your ENTIRE FILES TO BE DELETED. by doing this you basically REMOVE EVERYTHING. 6 YEARS WORTH OF ALBUM AND FOLDERS JUST GONE INSTANLY...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are replying to a three year old thread ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines