• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get to my pictures from my Mac.

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the LIghtroom App but its only showing a handful of pics that I have access to.   Why is it not accessing photos from the iCloud?  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac Photos app puts photos in iCloud which is an Apple cloud service. Lightroom puts photos in the Lightroom cloud which is an Adobe cloud service. You first have to get your photos out of iCloud before you can put them in Lightroom. Here is a tutorial that might help. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-apple-photos-library.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa.  Greatly appreciated.  I will give it a try.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa

The "Use as System Photo Library" tab is greyed out.  I cant click on it.  I have an older imac (its about 8 yrs old) I ordered the new imac 24inch.  should I wait until I get that one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regardless of whether you wait or not, you need to get your photos out of iCloud before you can put them into Lightroom. I don't know what the error is that you are getting. Is this an iCloud issue, or a Lightroom one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines