• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I preserve the original crop size?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to have different versions of a file with different crop sizes.  

I would also like to crop the photo and come back later and decide to do something entirely different, crop-wise.  However, I cannot find the orginial version of my file inside Lightroom.  

My workaround has previously been to export the file as a TIF back into Lightroom, however, I made the mistake of cropping too soon before I realized I wanted to go various directions with this photo.

Now I'm trying to re-import the file from its source and Lightroom won't let me import a duplicate because one time in the past I said as a preference, "don't import duplicates."  How do I change this preference?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also another possibility, to use Versions.
That will save you from exporting the images, staying true to the original.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand correctly, you could create Virtual Copies of photos that you'd like to have with different crops (or any other develop settings, for that matter).

As for the "don't import duplicates" option, you can uncheck it from the import window (in the top left 'File Handling' panel). When synchronizing a folder, you can check the "show import dialog before importing", otherwise you won't be able to change the duplicates option.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines