• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transfer my library and presets to a new account?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Adobe CC account under a different email address than my previous CC account. So now my Lightroom mobile app keeps telling me my subscription expired as I was logged in using my old credentials. Is it possible to transfer my library and presets from the old email/account to my new email/account?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following Charlie's advice in this thread may help (if your expired account lets you):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/transfert-file-from-light...

But slightly changing to: In your active account, create a shared album and invite your expired account to join it.  Make Sure the Shared Album is set to "Can Contribute"

This can help with the images but the Presets I imagine you'll have to Export and Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But I'm unable to "Share" albums with the expired account, looks like it's only a feature included with a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LinseyR 

It is your new account that is subscribed and the new account that must create the shared album, to which your old expired account can be invited and contribute photos.  

Sign into your new account, create an album, enable sharing (I recommend Invite Only), and from the share settings send an invite to your old account.  

Then accept the invite with your old account: click the link that's emailed, and be sure to sign in with your oold account in the Lightroom web site that processes the shared album invitation.

Then sign into your Lightroom app using the old account.  Any images that were previously imported and synced in your old account should still be available for download, or to contribute to the shared album of the other account.  This is what 'selondon' referred to (residual access).  And this assumes you are using the latest Lightroom app for Mac, PC, or Mobile... Lightroom Classic will not be able to do this.

Using this method and not the Lightroom Downloader is ideal because contributing/copying photos from one account to another makes both the originals and their edits accessible to the new owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the old account was a paid subscription and that payment has ceased, my understanding was that for a period of time they can still be accessed but edit functions are disabled. I may be wrong though.

You could try logging into http://lightroom.adobe.com/ with your old credentials but I'm a bit wary about suggesting this as it may kick off a new trial and want payment after the 7 days or whatever.

Maybe @Charlie.D can shed some light on this.

Another option is the Lightroom Downloader Tool. Although this will bake any edits in on jpegs and you won't be able to revert to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What 'selondon' says about expired accounts and separarely about the Adobe Downloader, are true.  

What's great about shared albums is only the owner of a shared album needs to be subscribed (or at least in an active Trial state).  Other people/accounts that want to add photos to the shared album can be free, not subscribed (or in this case have an expired subscription).  People who are album viewers, photo contributors even editors in the shared album do not need their own subscription to work in the subscriber's shared album.  And because expired subscriptions should still be able to access files they've previously synced to Lightroom Cloud storage, those same files should be available to add from the expired account to the paid account.  The photos, once added to the album, become owned by the album owner, and both the originals and also any edits are copied over to the album.  This is better than downloading and re-uploading only edited copies of images, or only originals that lack edits you've made.  By contributing directly from the expired accoun to shared album in the newly subscribed account, one can skip the multi-step process and limitation of the Lightroom Downloader.  

This is complex, new functionaliy for Lightroom -- if I can be clearer, please do let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines