• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you use the brush in the new version? Tutorial?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just updated my Lightroom CC and I see the new masking feature ... and I see that the brush is in there ... but I can't figure out how to use it the way I used to use it! Is there a tutorial somewhere? I justt want to be able to locally brush in adjustments to exposure, clarity, noise etc ... not with a mask  - with the brush! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Where did the brush go and the brush options that are available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Brush works as it always did before. Just that now it is included in the Masking Tools. Select it in the [Create new mask] panel, or press keyboard [B].

Rob_Cullen_0-1636076184225.png

Yes, it does seem to create a 'Mask', but it always has, although Brush 'masks' were previously 'hidden' behind Pins on the image that were often difficult to find, and the brushed area only visible when the overlay was visible. Now the Brush adjustments are easily found along with all other 'masks' Gradient and AI adjustments.

2021-10 LrC Masking Reimagined

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines