• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does CC handle Duplication?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve migrated my Apple Photos Library to Lightroom CC successfully, impressed by the entire process.

My question concerns on going import and duplication images. I have two possible issues:

1. I have my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone automatically importing to Lightroom CC. We hadn’t imported our camera rolls for a year into Apple Photo‘s so have a lot to import into CC. Issue is I know my wife’s camera roll contains lots of photos I have sent her that are in my camera roll. Is it going to be clever enough to realise this if we import from both iPhones?

2. Simpler question, I can’t remember the last time I imported from my Nikon D500, if I import everything from it will it be smart enough to skip images previously imported (surely it will, filenames overlap!)

It feels like there really isn't much clear information out there about this key application behaviour and it’s complicated further by there being two “Lightrooms”. That ship has sailed though I guess!

Cheers

Chris R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Lets answer my own questions, well not really answer but detail the work arounds:

1.  I didn't find out if it would be clever enough to detect duplicates my wife and I sent each other. In stead I solved any issue myself by importing and then filtering by the camera used.  Luckily my wife has always had a different iPhone model than myself so I was able to delete any images taken with her iPhone from my camera roll import.

2.  I used the same technique with the D500 import, deleting any D500 images

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets answer my own questions, well not really answer but detail the work arounds:

1.  I didn't find out if it would be clever enough to detect duplicates my wife and I sent each other. In stead I solved any issue myself by importing and then filtering by the camera used.  Luckily my wife has always had a different iPhone model than myself so I was able to delete any images taken with her iPhone from my camera roll import.

2.  I used the same technique with the D500 import, deleting any D500 images from my imported camera roll before importing from my D500.

So no answers but solutions to potential issues.  Now my only issue is LightRoom CC won't play any videos I have imported, all they do is show crappy low res thumbnails. Overall the app is feeling a bit half baked but the CloudSync'ing is working well.

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, don't blindly delete duplicate files found by CCleaner unless you know what you're doing. And before doing this, it's a good idea to make a backup of your computer. In fact, you shouldn't really "trust" duplicate finder, not just CCleaner. Duplicate files do not mean that they need to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines