• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How import LR6.14 catalog into LR CC? Functional differences list between versions available?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Question #1 - I just upgraded from LR6.14 to LR CC and I have a large catalog already from my LR6.14. How do I import the currently existing catalog (from old version 6.14) into the new LR CC installation? (I have a Mac with OS Big Sur on it.)

The reason I ask this is I just tried to add all photos on my hard drive to the new LR CC install and LR said I needed like 680 MB of space which I didn't have available.

I don't really want to lose the catalog data I've already had also.  

-Question #2 - Is there some information or a web page that will show the functional differences between the current (new) versions of LR CC versus LR Desktop? I'm trying to decide which version I will end up subscribing to. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no actual Adobe product called LR CC any more.

The catalog-based Lightroom Classic is the successor to your old 6.14.

Adobe Lightroom is a Cloud based service. No catalog involved. So have you subscribed to the cloud-based Lightroom or the catalog-based Lightroom Classic? You've posted in the Lightroom (Cloud) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines