• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How to connect originals to library after library file lost?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a Lightroom CC library with baout 90k photos in it.

I had all the originals photos both in the cloud and on an external hard drive, but the Lightroom library file was on my old laptop.

That laptop was destroyed. 

No I've got a new one and installed Lightroom on it. 

I'd like to connect all my old local orginals on my external HD to my library. But under preferences when I tell it the correct location for "storage location for originals" it just creates a new folder structure there and downloads all the originals all over again.

Now, I could just go through all that again, but it seems like a waste of time and bandwidth. Is there some way to have Lightroom recognise the existing originals? 

It seems to me the problem is that I don't have the old Lightroom library file, which must have told lightroom where all the originals are.

I'm running Lighroom 5.4 on Mac OS X 12.2.1.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When selecting the location in preferences, don't select the existing Lightroom CC folder, but one level up instead. 

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of the Lightroom Missing FAQ & Edit Like a Pro books.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines