• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable blue pop up guides in new brushes update to LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest LR Mobile app update made changes to the brushes/masking with some new features and a new interface.   

But it also added tool tips that pop up every single time I add a brush stroke to a mask. I have to click on it to make it go away. And they say the same very basic info every time that would be very easy to look up online.  It makes using masking/brushes such a PITA because I have to keep tapping the tool tip dialogue box that pops up to get rid of it between each brush stroke. It's honestly maddening. 

There must be a way to turn this off. 

it's so annoying I have to wonder if Adobe uses their own software. 

here is a screenshot of what pops up every time I add a brush stroke.  

0BBCDFEF-C3DC-4171-9C70-BD6DF584E2C9.png

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me how you are even creating a brush stroke with this new update. I cannot even create a brush stroke to edit and Adobe support has been ZERO help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @winterludes 

I thought those blue help messages were meant to show only once, on first use.  Are you seeing them over and over for the same tools?  

Hi @TaeAnnPhoto please see this help doc for device requirements and feature usage info: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-cc/using/masking-mobile-ios.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Charlie.D 

Yes I'm seeing the blue pop up window over and over despite quiting the app, opening it back up, they pop up every single time I add a brush stroke, so everytime i am trying to brush something in I have to tap the blue pop up between every stroke to make it go away, it's beyond frustrating.  

while you're here, the update also added a big paintbrush logo right on top of the area that you are brushing that does not disappear even when you try to make edits to that area by changing the exposure, etc.  If the area you are modifying is small, like someone's eye for example, the brush logo covers thier entire eye and I can't see the changes I'm trying to make to the eye.  i have to make a change, then click the X to get out of masking, then look at it, then open masking back up again and make a guess at a change, then close masking so I can see the eye, then re open it and guess at a change, etc.  This is just unbelievably terrible design, and something. that was conciosuly added to the app.  

LR is not for 4 year olds, we do not need a little brush logo.  I need to be able to see what I'm editing!  Please pass this glaring oversight on to Adobe.  Both of these problems make brushing so much worse with the update.  

Thank you for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback about the masking paintbrush icon.  If you hold down on the brush, there is the option to hide the brush (and it's edit) but that doesn't help if you want to keep painting the mask (ie Add to) at the same time.

Regarding the first thing you mentioned, I can't get the message to repeat after first use.  Just to be clear, are you able to reproduce this with the 7.1 app update that is available today?  (Search for the Lightroom app listing if you don't see the update offered automatically)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not on the list of updates and I'm not sure how to manually update it to 7.1. 

look how distracting it is to try to dodge the eyes in this image with a paintbrush logo covering the entire eye.  

please get rid of this logo. 

EB74DE1E-88F1-413D-BD57-D44A9633E6B2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and this one demonstrates your point quite well!  I will share with the team.

Regarding getting the app update, sorry my previous advice was so brief.  To get the 7.1 update, search for "Lightroom" in the Appstore app, and open the listing for the LR app.  You should then see the option to update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated LR to 7.1 and it still shows the blue pop up after every brush stroke.  Every single added brush masking stroke. I have to tap the blue pop up to make it go away between each brush stroke. 

if a picture says a thousand words how about a video? 

here is an iCloud link to a screen recording of this happening. 

I hope you guys fix this soon!  Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks for the video @winterludes 

There's a simple way to dismiss this brush size message once and for all: tap the brush size *button* once.  

I'll ask the team why tapping the message doesn't work the same way as tapping the feature button to dismiss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again @winterludes 

A teammates of mine who has more knowledge in this area pointed out to me: "the menu in masking has a toggle to turnoff “Tool overlays” which will hide the egregious brush icon"

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Charlie.D Tha's veriy nice, thank you so much!  

Can you please pass on a reccommdation to your team?  There are lots of new useful tools in masking, like "select sky" or "select subject" which could potentially take a lot of time out of masking, but they are rendered useless in most situations because you cannot then add or subtract from that mask using a brush.  I'm either missing something, or this is a serious mistake making LR Mobile way less powerful.  It would save a lot of time to be able to "select subject" and then remove the extra bits that get sleccted that I don't want selected.  

This is possible in photoshop of course.  Thank You!

Whitney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines